UAMS Is hiring new graduate rn residents for the transition to practice program
In the following areas:
(Up to $500 reimbursement for NCLEX-RN Exam/Review course for hires)
- ED – Emergency Department E5 – Labor and Delivery
- E6 – Perinatal
- E7 – Medical Oncology/Transplant
- F4 – ICU/Trauma Progressive Care
- F5 – Neonatal Intensive Care Unit F6 – Medical Specialties
- F7 – Stem Cell Transplant
- F8 – Cardiac Progressive Care F9 – Ortho Surgical Specialties
- H6 – Hospital Medicine H7 – Medical Oncology H8 – Neuro/NeuroSurgery
- H9 – Solid Organ Transplant Main OR
- PRI – Behavioral Health
New graduates from ALL RN programs, with a temporary or permanent RN license, interested in being a part of the UAMS team should complete an application and upload a resume. Online references will be required to be completed prior to the interview. If selected for an interview, an appointment will be scheduled via email.
Critical Dates (2022-2023):
|September 16-October 28||Apply online; Enter “RN New Graduate Residency Program” in Search Key|
|October 29-November 4||Interviews will be scheduled upon completion of the Skill Survey|
|November 5-November 14||Candidates notified of selection by phone|
|January 17, 2023||New Employee Orientation begins|
- September 23rd, 2022, 12:15-12:45pm
- September 28th, 2022, 5:15-5:45pm
- October 10th, 2022, 12:15-12:45pm email: nurse email@example.com for link
Support and training continue throughout the entire first year.
Don’t miss this opportunity!
If you want a nursing career where new graduate RNs are valued and supported, consider UAMS. We offer advancement, work-life balance, and low nurse-to-patient ratios.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What happens if the deadline to submit an application is missed? Applicants will have to wait until the next ‘new graduate RN resident’ position is posted. Application windows open three times yearly in February, June and September.
- What should I expect if selected for interview?
To be considered for an interview, all online references must be complete. Reference instructions will be sent by separate email from skillssurvey (check junk mail) upon successful application into the hiring system. If selected for an interview, you will receive further direction regarding the interview process.
- If a position is offered to a non-BSN new graduate RN resident, will they be expected to complete a BSN?
New graduate RN residents are highly encouraged to complete their BSN within three years of hire. U of A system tuition discount, up to 50% depending on campus, is available towards undergraduate degrees and available after six months of employment.
- How long will orientation be?
All new graduate RN residents will begin three full weeks of classroom time as of their start date. Length of unit/area specific orientation will be dependent upon the specialty. Transition to practice (TTP) workshops/seminars will be integrated into the first 12 months of employment and all TTP requirements must be completed prior to advancing from resident to RN 1 status.
For more information regarding the new graduate rn resident program, go to nurses.uams.edu and select employment information.
For questions or inquiries, please contact: