The Outstanding Community Service Award recognizes the contributions of an individual nurse, both professionally and/or voluntarily, for continuous service activities performed based on the needs of the community. Services may be community based, outreach or on-campus activities, including department and/or unit that impact a healthcare outcome.
- Nominee must be a licensed nurse (APN/RN/LPN).
- The project or contribution must have occurred within the past 12 months.
- Complete online application below in its entirety relating to the nurse you are nominating. Please attach any supportive information in the area provided in the nomination form. NOTE: Nominations will not be accepted after the closing date.
- The nominator may request, from the nominee, evidence of the community service project to submit along with the application to validate impact regarding healthcare outcome. This could include photos, flyers, and/or newspaper entries the nominee may already have available.
- Nominations, that meet criteria, will be blinded and reviewed by the Awards Committee. The Awards Committee will select winners based only on the information provided in the nomination and supportive information.
- Nominees who meet the criteria, as well as the selected winner, will be celebrated during annual Professional Nursing Awards ceremony.
Click here to view past nomination example.