The Advancement of Nursing Practice Award recognizes outstanding accomplishment in a field of practice, education, or research and demonstrates the interdependence of these elements and their significance for the improvement of nursing and health care. This nurse also:
- Understands the importance of partnering with patients/families/staff for quality and safety.
- Able to show a change or improvement in nursing by introducing new and creative ideas, devices or methods that have increased efficiency, effectiveness and /or a desirable outcome.
- Be able to show a plan, with coordinated activities, that leads from a concept to a finished product, in one (1) of the following categories:
- Quality / Performance / Process Improvement
- Evidenced-based Practice
- Issue/Idea Referral/Innovation
- Must be a registered nurse
- The project outcome must have been realized within the past 12 months. Project work could have begun within the previous two (2) years.
- Complete online application below in its entirety relating to the nurse you are nominating. Please attach any supportive information in the area provided in the nomination form. NOTE: Nominations will not be accepted after the closing date.
- The nominator may request from the nominee evidence, based on one of the innovation categories; Quality, Research, Evidenced-based Practice and/or Issue Referral. This could include, but not limited to, project charter, abstracts, PDSA, protocol’s, published work, presentations, awards and/or a copy of portfolio content the nominee may already have available. Award committee must be able to validate evidence to support story if needed.
- Nominations, that meet criteria, will be blinded and reviewed by the Awards Committee. The Awards Committee will select winners based only on the information provided in the nomination and supportive information.
- Nominees who meet the criteria, as well as the selected winner, will be celebrated during annual Professional Nursing Awards ceremony.