The Excellence in Nursing Education Award recognizes the work of outstanding nurses who show exceptional skill, innovation, and effectiveness in promoting education for nurses. This outstanding nurse:
- Serves as a role model/mentor by using best practices and incorporating an evidence-based approach in teaching
- Facilitates communication regarding practice changes
- Generously shares their experience and knowledge
- Passionate about helping others be the best UAMS nurse they can be
- Consistently provides education to patients and/or families
- Inspires novice and seasoned nurses to pursue additional degrees/continued education
- Nominee must be a licensed nurse.
- Provides nursing/health education for patient and/or family, new hires, students, and/or unit/area staff.
- Complete online application at https://nurses.uams.edu/ in its entirety relating to the nurse you are nominating. Please attach any supportive information in the area provided in the nomination form. NOTE: Nominations will not be accepted after the closing date.
- The nominator may request, from the nominee, evidence of the nursing education provided to submit along with the application. This could include class evaluations, preceptor evaluations, etc.
- Nominations, that meet criteria, will be blinded and reviewed by the Awards Committee. The Awards Committee will select winners based only on the information provided in the nomination and supportive information.
- Nominees who meet the criteria, as well as the selected winner, will be celebrated during annual Nurses Week activities.
Nominations are closed at this time.