The Excellence in Nursing Education Award recognizes the work of outstanding nurses who show exceptional skill, innovation, and effectiveness in promoting education for nurses. This outstanding nurse:
- Serves as a role model/mentor by using best practices and incorporating an evidence-based approach in teaching
- Facilitates communication regarding practice changes
- Generously shares their experience and knowledge
- Passionate about helping others be the best UAMS nurse they can be
- Consistently provides education to patients and/or families
- Inspires novice and seasoned nurses to pursue additional degrees/continued education, and specialties expertise
- Nominee must be a registered nurse.
- Provides nursing/health education for patient and/or family, nurses and/or unit/area/clinic staff. Nominee does not have to be in a formal ‘educator’ role.
- Complete online application below in its entirety relating to the nurse you are nominating. Please attach any supportive information in the area provided in the nomination form. NOTE: Nominations will not be accepted after the closing date.
- The nominator may request, from the nominee, evidence of the nursing education provided to submit along with the application. This could include class evaluations, preceptor evaluations, emails, certificate of appreciation, CEUs of course taught, etc.
- Nominations, that meet criteria, will be blinded and reviewed by the Awards Committee. The Awards Committee will select winners based only on the information provided in the nomination and supportive information.
- Nominees who meet the criteria, as well as the selected winner, will be celebrated during annual Professional Nursing Awards ceremony.