A Transformational Leader stimulates and inspires followers to achieve positive outcomes through growth, development and empowerment.
The recipient of the Betty Casali Transformational Leadership Award should reflect by example specific qualities that resulted in empowering/encouraging others to achieve a positive outcome. This leader utilizes the four (4) core components (listed below) of transformational leadership to achieve results:
1) Individual Consideration: The leader acts as a mentor or coach, listens to concerns and attends to the needs of those they are leading.
- Good communicator
- Demonstrates respect for team
2) Intellectual Stimulation: For such a leader, learning is valued and unexpected situations are seen as opportunities to learn. Those being led, ask questions, think deeply and figure out better ways to execute their tasks.
- Solicits ideas from followers
- Encourages innovation and creativity
- Challenges assumptions
3) Inspirational Motivation: Those being led by this leader are willing to invest more effort in their tasks; they are encouraged and optimistic about the future and believe in their abilities.
- Relay a strong sense of purpose
4) Idealized Influence: Followers tend to identify with their leader and desire to emulate them; the leader is respected and trusted.
- Role Model
- Highly ethical behaviors
- Instills pride
- The nominee must be a registered nurse and in a formally appointed position such as Director, Clinical Service Manager, Clinic Manager, Advanced Practice Partner, RN IV, RN V or applicable. Nurses in a shift or term limited role such as Charge Nurse, Coordinator, or Resource Nurse are not eligible for this award.
- Complete online application at https://nurses.uams.edu/ in its entirety relating to the nurse you are nominating. Please attach any supportive information in the area provided in the nomination form. NOTE: Nominations will not be accepted after the closing date.
- The nominator may provide evidence from the nominee to include as evidence to support the nomination.
- Nominations, that meet criteria, will be blinded and reviewed by the Awards Committee. The Awards Committee will select winners based only on the information provided in the nomination and supportive information.
- Nominees who meet the criteria, as well as the selected winner, will be celebrated during annual Nurses Week activities.
Nominations are closed at this time.