The Mary Helen Forrest Legacy in Nursing Award is a very prestigious award given to a registered nurse at UAMS. This award recognizes the distinguished lifetime career of a nurse who has devoted their life’s work to the compassionate care of others and serves as a beacon of inspiration to nurses at all stages of their career and in the various and important roles of nursing. The recipient shows consistent and exceptional contributions throughout a career that has enhanced patient care and touched many lives. Selection for this honor also recognizes an individual’s outstanding and sustained contributions to the nursing profession and UAMS, as well as an exemplary professional practice and nursing leadership.
The recipient of the Mary Helen Forrest Legacy n Nursing Award should reflect by specific example, qualities that have impacted the nursing profession to achieve a positive outcome:
- Distinguished career as a nurse in clinical practice, administration, education, and/or research that promotes a positive image of professional nursing
- Demonstrates and actively engages in the professional development of self and others in the nursing profession, as evidenced by the achievement of advanced degrees, certification(s), and leadership positions in addition to the mentorship of others for similar achievements
- Pioneered in and/or provided leadership of new programs, models, specialties, practices, or research related to nursing
- Serves as a role model and advocate for nursing practice and the advancement of nursing as a professional
- Advocates for the improvement of patient care and serves as an exemplar for enhancing the patient experience
- Recognized by the broader nursing community as a transformational nursing leader, e.g., recognized in the media; recipient of community, state-wide, or national award(s)
- Must be a registered nurse who has served 20+ years of consecutive service at UAMS and in the profession of nursing
- Complete the application below in its entirety relating to the nurse you are nominating. Please attach any supportive information in the area provided in the nomination form. NOTE: Nominations will not be accepted after the closing date.
- The nominator may request, from the nominee, supportive information to submit along with the nomination. This could include photos, flyers, and/or newspaper entries the nominee may already have available. Please attach supportive information in the space provided on the nomination form. Alternatively, supporting material may be delivered to Center for Nursing Excellence office, Central Bldg, 8th Floor, Room 8022
- Nominations that meet the criteria will be blinded and reviewed by the Awards Committee. The Awards Committee will select winners based only on the information provided in the nomination and supportive information.
- Nominees who meet the criteria, as well as the selected winner, will be celebrated during annual Nurses Week/Hospital Week activities.
Nominations are closed at this time.