If you live outside the United States, the Department of International Patient Services works closely with all international patients who travel to UAMS seeking medical care to ensure that they receive the best treatment while they are here.
As your first contact, we assist you with the following:
- Connecting you with the appropriate clinic and health care representative to investigate your options or schedule an appointment.
- Providing assistance for all the unique needs international patients incur while traveling to and residing in our city.
- Furnishing you with the estimated medical costs and also establishing all financial arrangements between you and UAMS regarding your initial evaluation and subsequent surgery and/or treatment. Our financial manager will supervise your account and maintain communication with you on a regular basis.
Our mission as the Department of International Patient Services is to facilitate a prompt and seamless appointment process without delays. From the moment you contact us with your health care needs, we will act as your liaison connecting you to the appropriate clinic and doctor. We will be your personal information resource throughout your UAMS visit.
It is our intent to support you in every step of the decision making process. We want to provide contact and financial information to you and your family whether you want to schedule an appointment or investigate your options.
How We Can Help
The Department of Special Services was established to help all international patients who seek medical care at UAMS. We have the experience and knowledge to anticipate and meet your medical and cultural expectations.
- Special Services can connect you with the appropriate medical clinic and health care representative to investigate your options and address medical questions.
- The Special Services team will help you schedule prompt medical appointments with the most appropriate UAMS experts.
- This department will provide an estimate of the expected charges for your specific medical plan. Our financial manager will assist in explaining the payment and billing process, collecting payments and supervising your account.
There are many areas that Special Services can help with prior to your arrival, during your stay and after you return home. Upon request, Special Services is delighted to provide information, help facilitate and/or coordinate any of the following:
- Visas and travel letters
- Travel and airport assistance
- Lodging (short and long-term)
- Interpreters (personal and medical) and translation services
- Escorts to appointments and testing/ companion services
- Home care and private duty nursing
- Business services
- Information on local businesses
- Transportation in Little Rock
- Maps, directions and parking
- Medical records
- Information regarding leisure activities for your family
- Recommend grocery stores, markets and restaurants based on patients’ preferences
Contact us for more information on the services we provide for international patients.
Elizabeth Jane Corley
Manager of International Patient Services