The UAMS HEALERS Program has been cancelled for the 2021 session due to current COVID restrictions.
This program allows students to:
- Learn and ask questions about a variety of medical careers directly from a professional in that field.
- Learn how to administer first aid to accident victims to include bandaging, control of bleeding, splinting and spinal immobilization.
- Learn how to administer Basic Life Support (CPR).
- Demonstrate a better understanding of medical terminology.
- Demonstrate an increased awareness of teenage health-related issues, enabling each individual to make better-informed decisions based on scientific data.
- To gain experience in a clinical setting through active volunteering.