About the HEALERS Program
The UAMS Healthcare Education Active Learning Experience for Regional Scholars (HEALERS) program returns this summer from June 5 – June 16, 2023. Applicants must be Pulaski County residents entering their junior or senior year of high school, and have proof of COVID Vaccination or apply for an exemption.
HEALERS Program Application
Use the links below to complete the HEALERS Program Application.
2022 HEALERS Program Photos
Would you like to see more photos like this?
More About HEALERS Program
This program allows students to:
- Learn and ask questions about a variety of medical careers directly from a professional in that field.
- Learn how to administer first aid to accident victims to include bandaging, control of bleeding, splinting and spinal immobilization.
- Learn how to administer Basic Life Support (CPR).
- Demonstrate a better understanding of medical terminology.
- Demonstrate an increased awareness of teenage health-related issues, enabling each individual to make better-informed decisions based on scientific data.
- To gain experience in a clinical setting through active volunteering.