HEALERS (Health Education Active Learning Experience for Regional Scholars) is a hands-on, interactive program open to high school students in Pulaski County, who will be entering their junior or senior year in the fall of 2020.
We are pleased to announce that the 2020 HEALERS program is accepting applications.
- Deadline for Application: Friday, March 13th, 2020
- If selected for interview, you will be notified by: Friday, March 27th, 2020
- Interviews will be held: Monday – Wednesday April 6th to 8th, 2020
- Notification of Acceptance for the program due by: Friday April 10th, 2020
Program dates: Monday, June 8, 2020-Friday, June 19, 2020
This program allows students to:
- Learn and ask questions about a variety of medical careers directly from a professional in that field.
- Learn how to administer first aid to accident victims to include bandaging, control of bleeding, splinting and spinal immobilization.
- Learn how to administer Basic Life Support (CPR).
- Demonstrate a better understanding of medical terminology.
- Demonstrate an increased awareness of teenage health-related issues, enabling each individual to make better-informed decisions based on scientific data.
- To gain experience in a clinical setting through active volunteering.
For more information, contact:
Marcia Dunbar, Volunteer Services