The UAMS Healthcare Education Active Learning Experience for Regional Scholars (HEALERS) program returns this summer from June 13, 2022 – June 24, 2022. Applicants must be Pulaski County residents entering their junior or senior year of high school, and have proof of COVID Vaccination or apply for an exemption.
Before applying, Download the HEALERS program instructions and the Reference Form. The Reference Form must be completed by a teacher, counselor or community leader who can best evaluate your skills as a student and critical thinker.
This program allows students to:
- Learn and ask questions about a variety of medical careers directly from a professional in that field.
- Learn how to administer first aid to accident victims to include bandaging, control of bleeding, splinting and spinal immobilization.
- Learn how to administer Basic Life Support (CPR).
- Demonstrate a better understanding of medical terminology.
- Demonstrate an increased awareness of teenage health-related issues, enabling each individual to make better-informed decisions based on scientific data.
- To gain experience in a clinical setting through active volunteering.