Volunteer COVID-19 Restrictions in Place
At this time, only currently active volunteers are allowed on campus and in very limited service areas. All those interested in applying for a Volunteer Placement on campus are encouraged to check back at a later time. You may volunteer through one of our off-site Community Partnership Programs.
Volunteers play an important and intricate role in the life of the UAMS campus. In all capacities, volunteers have made the commitment to give their time and care in order to make the hospital community seem more friendly and inviting. This important commitment helps to enrich patients, their families and the UAMS experience as a whole.
Additionally, volunteers are rewarded by the relationships they have the opportunity to foster with patients, faculty, staff and fellow volunteers. By giving their time, volunteers receive valuable leadership skills, patient care skills and various other abilities paramount in the life of health care.
As UAMS continues to expand its volunteer community, the Volunteer Services Department is committed to the following characteristics of its volunteers:
- UAMS volunteers have the necessary competencies and professionalism to play an intricate role in the field of health care.
- UAMS volunteers are committed to upholding the rights of the patient while being a vital asset to the staff and faculty of UAMS.
- UAMS volunteers maintain privacy and safety standards for the benefit of the University Hospital campus.
- UAMS volunteers feel a calling or are drawn to serve with compassion, kindness, sincerity and friendliness, and without necessity of compensation, pay or other physical benefit.
- UAMS volunteers stay abreast of hospital policies, changes or informative notices, while continuing to be a voice for positive change and offering invaluable ideas for the UAMS of tomorrow.
The UAMS Medical Center Volunteer Mission Statement
The mission of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Volunteer Services Department is to uphold the greater UAMS mission and vision to teach, heal, search and serve through compassionate and informed volunteer services.
UAMS also welcomes students 18 and over to volunteer with us during their summer break. We require all applications to be submitted on or before May 1st of each year. Please indicate that you are a summer volunteer on your application.
**Summer Volunteers (including returning volunteers) must apply on or before May 1st to be considered for summer placement.**
For more information on volunteering, please contact Mattie Thacker, volunteer coordinator, at 501-686-5657.