In 2013, the HEALERS program started at UAMS. HEALERS (Health Education Active Learning Experience for Regional Scholars) is a hands-on, interactive program open to high school students in Pulaski County, who will be entering their junior or senior year in the fall of 2018.
We are pleased to announce that the 2018 HEALERS program will be held during the dates of Monday, June 11, through Friday, June 22, 2018; attendance will be mandatory each day, Monday through Friday, from 8:30am to 3:30pm.
- Deadline for Application: Friday, March 16th, 2018
- If selected for interview, you will be notified by: Friday, March 30th, 2018
- Interviews will be held: Monday – Wednesday April 9th to 11th, 2018
- Notification of Acceptance for the program due by: Friday April 13th, 2018
This program allows students to:
- Learn and ask questions about a variety of medical careers directly from a professional in that field.
- Learn how to administer first aid to accident victims to include bandaging, control of bleeding, splinting and spinal immobilization.
- Learn how to administer Basic Life Support (CPR).
- Demonstrate a better understanding of medical terminology.
- Demonstrate an increased awareness of teenage health-related issues, enabling each individual to make better informed decisions based on scientific data.
- To gain experience in a clinical setting through active volunteering.
For more information, contact Jennifer Huie at (501) 686-5657 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The program’s tremendous success prompted our graduates to say this about the program: