HEALERS (Health Education Active Learning Experience for Regional Scholars) is a hands-on, interactive program open to high school students in Pulaski County, who will be entering their junior or senior year in the fall of 2019.
We are pleased to announce that the 2019 HEALERS program is accepting applications.
- Deadline for Application: Friday, March 15th, 2019
- If selected for interview, you will be notified by: Friday, March 29th, 2019
- Interviews will be held: Monday – Wednesday April 8th to 10th, 2019 (Finalize Thurs.)
- Notification of Acceptance for the program due by: Friday April 12th, 2018
- Program dates: Monday, June 10, 2019-Friday, June 21, 2019
This program allows students to:
- Learn and ask questions about a variety of medical careers directly from a professional in that field.
- Learn how to administer first aid to accident victims to include bandaging, control of bleeding, splinting and spinal immobilization.
- Learn how to administer Basic Life Support (CPR).
- Demonstrate a better understanding of medical terminology.
- Demonstrate an increased awareness of teenage health-related issues, enabling each individual to make better-informed decisions based on scientific data.
- To gain experience in a clinical setting through active volunteering.
For more information, contact:
Marcia Dunbar, Volunteer Services
The program’s tremendous success prompted our graduates to say this about the program: