In 2013, the HEALERS program started at UAMS. The program’s tremendous success prompted our graduates to say this about the program:
HEALERS (Health Education Active Learning Experience for Regional Scholars) is a hands-on, interactive program open to high school students in Pulaski County, who will be entering their junior or senior year in the fall of 2017.
We are pleased to announce that the 2017 HEALERS program will be held during the dates of Monday, June 12, through Friday, June 23, 2017; attendance will be mandatory each day, Monday through Friday, from 8:30am to 3:30pm.
This program allows students to:
- Learn and ask questions about a variety of medical careers directly from a professional in that field.
- Learn how to administer first aid to accident victims to include bandaging, control of bleeding, splinting and spinal immobilization.
- Learn how to administer Basic Life Support (CPR).
- Demonstrate a better understanding of medical terminology.
- Demonstrate an increased awareness of teenage health-related issues, enabling each individual to make better informed decisions based on scientific data.
- To gain experience in a clinical setting through active volunteering.
For more information, contact Jennifer Huie at (501) 686-5657 or email@example.com.