- Creates an environment where attributes of trust, compassion, mutual respect, continued professional development and ethical behavior are modeled and support.
- XX collaborates with Organizational Development and Clinical Specialist to host an annual professional development workshops for the team leads and RN IV/V Managers and Clinicals. XX meets regularly with the group to facilitate professional growth of the team members that they lead. Staff members regularly praise XX for maintaining individual confidences with sensitive information. In addition to monthly staff meetings, XX has hosted several unit town halls to address staff questions, staffing challenges, supply issues, unit concerns, etc. This open communication allows staff a voice with nursing leadership to address rumors and potential barriers in providing excellent patient care.
- Motivates staff with a shared vision and enthusiasm to achieve better outcomes for themselves and for their patients and families.
- XX has worked in the XX for over 30 years in various roles. XX is passionate about improving patient outcomes and staff satisfaction. XX is attentive to staff concerns, delegating as needed for resolution. Most recently, XX helped advocate for new IV pumps in the XX and met regularly with a work group to ensure a smooth implementation of the new pumps. XX meets regularly with the unit council co-chairs to discuss staff concerns and items which she would like to obtain staff feedback.XX is currently participating in a unit nursing research trial investigating the accuracy of XX. If successful, this would allow staff to obtain temperatures with less patient disturbance and thus improving patient and staff satisfaction. This information has been shared with nursing staff who are excited about this project.
- Promotes and enhances the image of nursing within the organization, the community and the profession included engagment, recognition, and retention.
- XX and Clinical Specialist meet frequently with new hires during orientation to address concerns and discuss opportunities for learning. They collaborate several times per year to discuss opportunities for staff recognition such as 40 Nurse Leaders Under 40 and nursing excellence awards presented during Nurses Week. XX communicates certification and degree achievement, hospital awards, unit recognition, etc., through regular staff meeting minutes or emails. XX also maintains the unit certification plaque. Each year, XX and unit leadership celebrate certified nurses with treats on National Certified Nurse’s Day and provide ice cream for all unit nurses during National Neonatal Nurses Week.XX has volunteered for 5+ years for the Arkansas Mission of Mercy (ArMOM) project providing an annual two-day free dental clinic sponsored by the Arkansas State Dental Association for underserved Arkansans.
I am a:
- UAMS Employee