Experienced RN Refer a Nurse
Valid for critical 24-7 areas:
- Inpatient units
- PRI & PRI ECT
- The Orthopaedic and Spine Hospital
- The Orthopaedic and Spine Hospital’s main operating room
- The Orthopaedic and Spine Hospital’s main PACU
- Emergency department
- Cardiac cath. lab
- Interventional radiology / interventional radiology PreOp / PACU
Limited Time: Beginning 03/13/2020
Revised: Beginning 06/01/2020 and 10/08/2020
Revised: Beginning 01/01/2021, 07/15/2021, and 11/02/2021
Revised: Beginning 01/01/2022, 09/01/2022, and 11/01/2022
Revised: Beginning 01/25/2023, and 01/30/2023
Refer a new direct care RN and Earn $18,000 by using the referral form link below.
You are our best asset!
Check out the Integrated Clinical Enterprise (ICE) RN Program where any full-time or part-time (50%) direct care RN/LPN within ICE, Patient Care Services or Periop Care Services is eligible to refer a full-time RN who meets the following criteria:
- Minimum of 24 months experience as an RN in an acute care hospital.
- Experience in the past 24 months may include up to 12 months in a management position, but must include at least 12 months in a direct patient care role in an acute care hospital; and be hired into a UAMS “Critical 24-7 Area” of full-time employment.
Basics of the Program
- Recruited nurse listed the Referring nurse on the job application.
- Referral form must be submitted by the referring nurse before processing will occur and prior to the completion of the 90-day probation period.
- Referring nurse can email scanned form to RNBonus@uams.edu or bring to Central Building, seventh floor, room 26.
- Only one referral/referring nurse is accepted but referring nurse is eligible to receive two (2) Refer A Nurse payments at a time.
- Full-time UAMS RN/LPN receives $18,000 taxable nurse bonus with $3000 paid after recruited nurse successfully completes the probationary period; $6000 paid at the end of one year; $9,000 balance is paid at the end of two years.
- Part-time UAMS RN/LPN receives $9,000 taxable nurse bonus with $1,500 paid after recruited nurse successfully completes the probationary period; $3,000 paid at the end of one year; $4,500 balance is paid at the end of two years.
- Both employees must maintain same or greater employment status as an RN/LPN. Recruited nurse must be hired and remain employed in a “Critical 24-7 Area.”
- Referring nurse must maintain satisfactory annual performance evaluations with no progressive discipline.
- Ineligible employees:
- Nursing directors
- Clinical services managers
- Assistant clinical services managers
- Clinical specialists
- Nurse recruiters
- Contract nurses (excludes temporary / PRN) and/or rehires with at least 180 days from most recent termination date
- This is taxable income that is not considered base salary and will not be included in retirement calculations.
Email RNBonus@uams.edu to request a referral form.