Flu Shot Pop-Up Clinics for UAMS Employees, Volunteers and Students Begin Monday, September 16.
According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines, the influenza vaccination is the best strategy to protect the health of our staff and students and the patients and families we serve. Compliance with the mandatory flu vaccine policy is a condition for employment at UAMS in accordance with the UAMS policy HR.4.5.8.
Employees, students and volunteers are encouraged to take advantage of the many SEHS pop-up vaccination clinics being offered through the months of September, October and November. Flu vaccinations will only be available at the pop-up flu vaccination clinics during this time. You will not be able to get a flu shot at the Student and Employee Health Clinic until after November 20th.
How to complete the online flu vaccination consent
- Choose a time and date from the SEHS pop-up flu clinic schedule that works for you
- Complete the online flu consent form no more than 48 hours prior to arriving at the flu clinic. After 48 hours, the consent will be void and a new consent will need to be completed. Failing to complete the consent prior to arriving will delay you in receiving your vaccination.
- Please remember to bring your badge with you to the SEHS flu clinic.
Employees working outside of Pulaski County may receive their vaccine at one of the Regional Centers. Please contact the employee health nurse at your local Regional Centers to arrange for your vaccine.
The deadline to receive your flu immunization and provide documentation to Student and Employee Health Services is 4:30 pm on Wednesday, November 20
You may request a medical exemption or a religious exemption, which will be evaluated by our Human Resources and/or Student & Employee Health Office on a case-by-case basis. A two-page documentation form must be signed by your primary care physician if you are requesting a medical exemption. Religious Exemption Forms are required to be re-submitted annually and will be reviewed by the UAMS Office of Human Resources.
Individuals with medical exemptions previously filed with Student Employee Health will be notified prior to September 16th of their exemption status for the 2019-2020 flu season.
The deadline for requesting an exemption for approval by November 20 is Wednesday, November 14.
Departments and colleges may order masks for those who have an approved exemption from Medline. The supply number for a box of 50 masks is NON27122Z – Mask, Face: Isolation Mask with ear loops.
Student and Employee Health Services Clinic: 4301 W. Markham, Slot 530-7, Little Rock, AR 72205 Central Building G600 and G820
Located on the ground floor of the Central Building at room G 820 off the corridor leading to the parking deck (Parking 2)
Open from 7:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Closed for holidays.
Important Links and Forms
- 2019 Flu Shot Schedule for Students and Employees
- UAMS Employment Medical Screening Policy
- Medical Exemption form – Influenza Vaccine
- Religious Exemption Form – Influenza Vaccine