Srikant Das, M.D. Pediatric Cardiologist
Primary Appointment Location
Arkansas Children’s Hospital
1 Children's Way
Little Rock, AR 72202
- Areas of Expertise
- Pediatric Care
- Accepting New Patients
- Yes (Referral Required)
- Provides Second Opinion
- Patient Type
- Children and Adolescents
About Dr. Das
Srikant Das, M.D., joined the faculty at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in 2013. He is currently serving as the Director of the Cardiac Electrophysiology and Pacing Program at Arkansas Children’s. He specializes in cardiac electrophysiology studies and ablation procedures for both children and adults with heart rhythm disturbances. Dr. Das performs device implantations including pacemakers, defibrillators, loop recorders, and newer technologies such as leadless pacemakers. His focus is to help patients understand and care for their arrhythmias, implanted cardiac devices and cardiac diagnoses. In addition to his cardiac electrophysiology expertise, Dr. Das is also an integral part of our interventional cardiac catheterization team.
Dr. Das' Academic Background
- Department of Pediatrics — Division of Cardiology
- Associate Professor
Education and Training
- Medical School
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Albert Einstein Medical Center
- Emory University
- American Board of Pediatrics — General Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics — Pediatric Cardiology
- American Board of Internal Medicine — Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- North American Society for Cardiovascular Imaging
- Heart Rhythm Society
- Pediatric and Congenital Electrophysiology Society
Dr. Das' Research
Dr. Das’ research interests include cardiac electrophysiology and devices.
- Kohli U, Pumphrey KL, Ahmed A, Das S. Pre-excitation induced ventricular dysfunction and successful berlin heart explantation after accessory pathway ablation. J Electrocardiol. 2018 Nov - Dec; 51(6):1067-1070. doi: 10.1016/j.jelectrocard.2018.09.008 PMID: 30497732.
View in Pubmed: 30497732
- Fitzgerald DP, Das S, Malone MP, Holland BS, Schexnayder SM. Seizures, Meds, and Vtach: A Journey to a Brugada Diagnosis. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2018 Oct 17; ():. doi: 10.1097/PEC.0000000000001640 PMID: 30335689.
View in Pubmed: 30335689
- Das S, Law IH, Von Bergen NH, Bradley DJ, Dick M 2nd, Etheridge SP, Saarel EV, Frias PA, Strieper MJ, Fischbach PS. Cryoablation therapy for atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia in children: a multicenter experience of efficacy. Pediatr Cardiol. 2012 Oct; 33(7):1147-53. doi: 10.1007/s00246-012-0273-0 PMID: 22430375.
View in Pubmed: 22430375
- Makhoul M, Oster M, Fischbach P, Das S, Deshpande S. Junctional ectopic tachycardia after congenital heart surgery in the current surgical era. Pediatr Cardiol. 2013 Feb; 34(2):370-4. doi: 10.1007/s00246-012-0465-7 PMID: 22987106.
View in Pubmed: 22987106
- Das S, Rubio A, Simsic JM, Kirshbom PM, Kogon B, Kanter KR, Maher K. Bloodstream infections increased after delayed sternal closure: cause or coincidence. Ann Thorac Surg. 2011 Mar; 91(3):793-7. doi: 10.1016/j.athoracsur.2010.09.055 PMID: 21353000.
View in Pubmed: 21353000
- Das S, Chanani NK, Deshpande S, Maher KO. B-type natriuretic peptide in the recognition of critical congenital heart disease in the newborn infant. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2012 Aug; 28(8):735-8. doi: 10.1097/PEC.0b013e3182624a12 PMID: 22858747.
View in Pubmed: 22858747
- Das S, Zhang S, Mitchell D, Gidding SS. Metabolic syndrome with early aortic atherosclerosis in a child. J Cardiometab Syndr. 2006 Summer; 1(4):286-7. PMID: 17679800.
View in Pubmed: 17679800
- Zilberman MV, Du W, Das S, Sarnaik SA. Evaluation of left ventricular diastolic function in pediatric sickle cell disease patients. Am J Hematol. 2007 Jun; 82(6):433-8. PMID: 17266053.
View in Pubmed: 17266053
- Das S, Arora NK, Gupta DK, Gupta AK, Mathur P, Ahuja A. Pancreatic diseases in children in a north Indian referral hospital. Indian Pediatr. 2004 Jul; 41(7):704-11. PMID: 15297685.
View in Pubmed: 15297685
Medical Treatments and Procedures Performed or Prescribed by Dr. Das
UAMS Health providers perform and prescribe a broad range of treatments and procedures, some of which may not be listed below.
Locations Where Dr. Das Practices
Arkansas Children’s Hospital , Primary Location
1 Children's Way
Little Rock, AR 72202