Interviews and Testimonials
The UAMS NICU has 58 separate, private rooms with space for up to 64 babies (because of the dedicated twin rooms). Our average daily census is around 60 babies. We are the largest private room NICU in the state of Arkansas.
• UAMS is certified as a Baby Friendly Hospital, and Gold Certified in Safe Sleep Practices.
• We have 24/7 parent/caregiver access, with places for parents to sleep in the room with their infant(s).
• We have a dedicated milk lab within the NICU for preparation of breast milk and specialty formula feeds.
• We have Angel Eye cameras in every patient room, for families to see their infants when they cannot be physically present with them.
• There is attending physician in-hospital coverage 24/7.