The Angel Eye™ program promotes bonding when you are not able to visit your baby in the nursery. A high-definition camera is available in your baby’s room so that you are able to view your child in real time from any computer or smartphone.
One pleased Angel Eye™ system participant stated, “It has been a blessing for our family to have it, because they were so far away and
could not visit.”
Calling the NICU
- You can call the NICU 24-hours a day at (501) 526-1500.
- Nursing shift change occurs from 6:30-7:00 AM and 6:30-7:00 PM. Please limit calls during this time. If there is any serious change in your baby’s condition, we will call you as soon as possible.
- We ask that parents make all phone calls concerning their baby and then relay the information to family members. We do not give information to family members or friends.
How to get started
- Complete and turn in the Angel Eye consent form. Make sure that your name and email address are easy to read.
- Check your email for a message from Angel Eye promoting you to create a password for your Primary Parent Account. Your invitation email will be from ‘email@example.com’ with the subject line containing the phrase ‘Angel Eye Camera Account’.
- You must first login thru the web browser at https://angeleyecameras.com to set up your account. From
your email click the button labeled ‘Open Angel Eye and Set Password’, accept your agreement, create/confirm password then click ‘Submit’.
- Once you have your user ID and password, download the free “Angel Eye Mobile” app for iOS or Android in the app store and allow push notifications.
- To view Angel Eye in a language other than English, click the top left corner of the Angel Eye account to show a drop-down menu and click SELECT LANGUAGE. Then select the language of your choice.
- Invite an unlimited number of family members and friends to see your baby by creating a user account for them. Suspend access at any time through the ACCOUNT icon.
- Reference educational materials and other resources from the Resource folder.
- View one-way patient update messages from the care team on the Angel Eye System.
- View family chat messages from users by clicking the CHAT icon.
Would there be any reason why I would not have access to use Angel Eye?
Not every bed space is equipped with a camera. If the number of patients (census) is high, your baby might have to be moved to a space without a camera. This would be a non-private room (with 2 or more unrelated babies). As census lowers, we will try to ensure that every family has access to a camera. In an effort to support safe, uninterrupted patient care, we may have to limit camera visitation or remove access if excessive or unnecessary phone calls occur.
Who can view the baby?
Your baby can be viewed over the Internet by you and only the family/friends you allow to access the Angel Eye Camera System. Only these people with authorized access and NICU staff can view the video.
What will the webcam show?
The camera is for you to see only your baby. We do not point cameras at the monitors. The NICU observes cycled lighting; it provides the amount of light a baby needs for their gestational age. If the lights are off, the view of your baby will not be as clear. Phototherapy lights can be used with the camera and do not affect the way the baby is seen any more so than in person.
What does ‘live-feed’ mean?
This is the ability to receive a live video of your baby over the Internet from any computer or phone when the camera is turned on. Please note the “live-feed” screen may lag, jump, or pixelate depending on your connection speed. If the view of your baby looks like a still image, please refresh your screen; check your internet connection and connection speed. Slower internet connections may cause the initial connection to fail. If the image never shows up and you continue to see a “spinner” on the screen, try clicking the Camera link again. If this doesn’t work, contact the NICU and ask for “Angel Eye Camera Assistance”. A staff member will ensure that the camera is plugged in and turned on. If there are other issues, the NICU staff will create a support ticket or for immediate help, you can contact Angel Eye Support at (855) 456-6805 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will Angel Eye work on my phone?
The Angel Eye camera is available on mobile devices. Android and iOS apps are available for download! If you are having difficulty with the app showing your baby’s “live-feed”, please login at https://uams.angeleyecameras.com.
How I can view my Angel Eye account in my native language?
In the top left corner of Angel Eye account, a drop-down is shown as SELECT LANGUAGE Powered by Google Translate. From this drop-down, you can select the language of your choice. Your Angel Eye account will automatically be converted into the language you selected.
Will the webcam be on all the time while my baby is in the NICU?
The camera will be turned off during “care” times per hospital policy, or when you (the primary account holder) wish to have the camera turned off (during your visit, when the baby is out of bed, etc). When the camera is off, you will see the below message. Please remain calm and refresh your screen often; if your video remains offline for at least 1-hour, contact the NICU and ask for “Angel Eye Camera Assistance”.
Monitoring Your Baby
Please try to reserve phone calls to when you are concerned about your baby, as we will already be alerted if their alarms go off. The most common monitors measure heart and breathing rate, blood pressure and the blood’s supply of oxygen. If vital sign gets too high or too low, the monitor will alarm and alert the NICU Team.
What do I do if the camera is misaligned?
NICU staff will check on your baby often to make sure the camera is on and positioned properly – camera views can change because babies do move around! We perform safety rounds often; a staff member will check on your baby’s comfort, position, and overall safety. If the camera is misaligned for more than 15minutes, please call the NICU and ask for “Angel Eye Camera
Assistance”. Please instruct your authorized users to contact you (parents) for any concerns with the camera position – we ask that only parents call the unit so that we can limit interruptions in providing care to your baby.
How many user/family accounts can I create?
The Primary Family account has the ability to create an unlimited number of friend user accounts. You can add a family member by clicking “My Family Members” on your sidebar.
How do I delete a user/family account?
Deleting a family member removes their account from Angel Eye. To do this, go to the MY FAMILY MEMBERS tab and click the DELETE button.
How do I change my account information?
To alter your account information, click the Gear icon at the top right of your screen and go to EDIT USER INFORMATION. You will be able to change your name and email address.
How do I change my password?
To change your password, first, click the Gear icon at the top right of your screen. In the drop-down list, click EDIT PASSWORD. You will be able to recreate your password.
Forgot your Password
If you find that you have forgotten your password, you can simply click the FORGOT PASSWORD link under the SIGN INTO MY ACCOUNT button. You will receive an auto-generated email with a new password.
For immediate help, call (855) 456-6805 or email email@example.com
For more information please visit the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Institute for Digital Health and Innovation