Behavioral Medicine Clinic
449 Jack Stephens Drive
Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute
Little Rock, AR 72205
- General Information
- 9 AM – 4:30 PM
- 9 AM – 4:30 PM
- 9 AM – 4:30 PM
If you are in need of urgent or emergency care, call 911 or go to your nearest emergency department at your local hospital.
If you are sick or have a minor injury and need to talk to someone right away, you can access UAMS HealthNow for a video visit with a UAMS Health provider 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
About Behavioral Medicine Clinic
Coping with cancer or other serious illnesses can be highly challenging. The UAMS Behavioral Medicine Clinic offers clinical care for patients and family members dealing with difficult life changes. We provide support and help you learn ways to enhance your quality of life and wellness, improve coping, and manage symptoms.
Our Behavioral Medicine Clinic provides services to improve quality of life and symptom control for patients coping with cancer and other chronic medical conditions. In addition, we also offer treatment or consultation for psychological difficulties such as depression, anxiety, OCD, stress, trauma, grief, substance abuse, and family problems. Services are available from our doctoral-level clinicians.
- Coping with illness and reducing stress: The Clinic offers individualized assistance in adapting to the demands of illness and navigating one’s way through the complexities of treatment.
- Consultation and treatment for psychological difficulties: Clinical psychologists provide evaluation and therapy for problems commonly associated with illness, such as clinical depression, anxiety, caregiver strain, and family concerns.
- Improving quality-of-life and managing symptoms: We’d like you to have the best possible day-to-day quality of life. In addition, more specialized self-management strategies are available to assist with pain, nausea, fatigue, hot flashes, or other treatment toxicities
- Mind-body strategies: The Clinic offers assistance in relaxation, meditation, biofeedback, and other mind-body approaches.
- Enhancing the quality of survivorship. After active medical treatment has ended, we can help with the unexpected challenges of “getting back to life” and finding a new equilibrium. Ideally, survivorship means “growing and thriving” instead of merely “surviving.”
- Palliative Care: The Clinic provides support regarding symptom control, difficult decision-making, and end-of-life care. We can assist with existential and spiritual concerns.
Parking is available in Parking 3 at the corner of Cedar and Capitol. Parking stubs for patients are validated in the clinic. For your convenience, park on Levels 2B, 3B, 4B or 5B. Valet parking is available in front of the Cancer Institute for a fee.Get Directions
Directions From the Parking Area
- Take the Cancer Institute elevators in Parking 3 at Level 2B.
- Exit the walkway on Level 2B of Parking 3 and you will be at the Cancer Institute’s entrance.
- Enter the Cancer Institute and take Elevator D to the sixth floor or visit the Welcome Desk for assistance.
The Behavioral Medicine Clinic is a self-referral clinic. Although UAMS does not require a referral for this clinic, some insurance providers require a referral for specialty care. Please check with your insurance provider prior to requesting an appointment.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
For your first appointment, please bring a photo ID and your insurance card along with a list of any medications you’re taking, including over-the-counter medications. You should also bring any medical records you can provide, including slides or test results from other clinics.
For future appointments, please provide updated medical and insurance information.
UAMS Health MyChart
UAMS Health MyChart is a patient portal that gives you free, secure 24-hour online access to your health information. You can see your lab and test results, send messages to your doctor, make appointments, refill prescriptions and pay your bills. Ask your clinic staff or hospital nurse how to sign up for UAMS Health MyChart.
Medical Treatments and Procedures Performed
UAMS providers perform and prescribe a broad range of treatments and procedures, some of which may not be listed below.