Freeway Medical Tower, Suite 200
5800 West 10th Street Little Rock, AR 72204
Medical Director: Jeffrey R. Sawyer, Ph.D., D.A.B.M.G.
Manager: Ashley Henry, BSMT(ASCP)CM
Section Supervisor: Janet Sawyer, MBA, BS, CG(ASCP)CM , MBCM
Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Saturday: : 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Cytogenetics involves the study of human chromosome structure, pathology, function and behavior. The UAMS Cytogenetics Laboratory offers trypsin-Giemsa banded chromosome analysis and tissue culture for metabolic/genetic studies.
- Bone marrow analysis
- Leukemic blood analysis, neoplastic study
- Peripheral blood analysis, congenital study
- Rapid chromosome analysis, congenital study
- Tumor analysis
- Lymph node analysis
- Fine needle aspirate analysis
- Solid tissue analysis
- Fibroblast culture for metabolic/genetic analysis