UAMS Department of Pathology and Laboratory Services is committed to providing accurate and timely results to the customers we serve. We have extensive Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement Plans to guide the full range of quality assurance, quality control, and continuous quality improvement activities.
UAMS Department of Pathology and Laboratory Services complies with all Federal, State, and Local regulations to include CLIA (CMS), OSHA, and HIPAA. All employees receive HIPAA and Code of Conduct training.
The Clinical Laboratories have on-site inspections and have accreditation by the following voluntary and governmental agencies:
- Bureau of Biologics, Food and Drug Administration (FDA) (Blood Bank)
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Joint Commission of Health Care Organization (JCAHO)
- Arkansas State Board of Health
- American Association of Blood Banks (AABB)
- CLIA (Freeway Medical, UAMS and Arkansas Children’s Hospital)
- American Society of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ASHI)