The Sickle Cell Call Center is staffed by experienced registered nurses 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The Call Center offers Arkansans with Sickle Cell
- Education concerning acute and chronic health problems
- Telephone triage resulting in advice for immediate health concerns
- Follow-up from a staff member of the Sickle Cell Program Team to assist with:
- Joining the Arkansas Sickle Cell Registry
- Transitioning from Pediatric care to Adult care
- Finding a Primary Care Physician in your area
- Scheduling a yearly appointment to the UAMS Sickle Cell Multidisciplinary Clinic and follow-up with your local primary care provider
The Call Center helps healthcare providers with
- Evidence-based guidelines for treatment of the disease that will assist providers in their efforts to care for their patients in their local healthcare facilities
- General information regarding the Arkansas Sickle Cell Clinical Program
- Contacting a physician at UAMS that specializes in Sickle Cell disease management
The Call Center can be reached at 1-855-Sic-Cell (1-855-742-2355).