Travis D. Ayers, M.D. Pediatric Gastroenterologist
Primary Appointment Location
Arkansas Children’s Hospital
1 Children's Way
Little Rock, AR 72202
- Areas of Expertise
- Digestive Health
- Pediatric Care
- Accepting New Patients
- Yes (Referral Required)
- Provides Second Opinion
- Patient Type
- Children and Adolescents
About Dr. Ayers
Travis D. Ayers, M.D. is an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics in Gastroenterology Hepatology and Nutrition for the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and Arkansas Children’s Hospital in Little Rock and Springdale. After completing the Medical University of South Carolina in 2012, Dr. Ayers completed Tulane/Ochsner Pediatric Residency Program in 2015 and graduated from University of Maryland in Baltimore, MD in 2018 after completion of fellowship program in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition.
Dr. Ayers is a board certified Pediatric Gastroenterologist.
Dr. Ayers specializes in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). He dedicates his time to patient care in outpatient and inpatient care settings as well as research of IBD through international registry and clinical trials. The passion to treat and study this condition drove Dr. Ayers to volunteer at the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) as an executive board member and at CCFA – Take Steps Little Rock as a medical chair.
Currently, Dr. Ayers also expands his practice to treat patients with Eosinophilic Esophagitis.
Dr. Ayers' Academic Background
- Department of Pediatrics — Division of Gastroenterology
- Assistant Professor
Education and Training
- University of Maryland Hospital
Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition
- Tulane University School of Medicine
- Medical School
- Medical University of South Carolina
Doctor of Medicine
- Diplomate - American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics — Pediatric Gastroenterology
Dr. Ayers' Research
- Expert Panel on Pediatric Imaging., Moore MM, Gee MS, Iyer RS, Chan SS, Ayers TD, Bardo DME, Chandra T, Cooper ML, Dotson JL, Gadepalli SK, Gill AE, Levin TL, Nadel HR, Schooler GR, Shet NS, Squires JH, Trout AT, Wall JJ, Rigsby CK. ACR Appropriateness Criteria® Crohn Disease-Child. J Am Coll Radiol. 2022 May; 19(5S):S19-S36. doi: 10.1016/j.jacr.2022.02.020 PMID: 35550801.
View in Pubmed: 35550801
- Kaplan HC, Opipari-Arrigan L, Yang J, Schmid CH, Schuler CL, Saeed SA, Braly KL, Chang F, Murphy L, Dodds CM, Nuding M, Liu H, Pilley S, Stone J, Woodward G, Yokois N, Goyal A, Lee D, Yeh AM, Lee P, Gold BD, Molle-Rios Z, Zwiener RJ, Ali S, Chavannes M, Linville T, Patel A, Ayers T, Bassett M, Boyle B, Palomo P, Verstraete S, Dorsey J, Kaplan JL, Steiner SJ, Nguyen K, Burgis J, Suskind DL, ImproveCareNow Pediatric IBD Learning Health System.. Personalized Research on Diet in Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's Disease: A Series of N-of-1 Diet Trials. Am J Gastroenterol. 2022 Jun 1; 117(6):902-917. doi: 10.14309/ajg.0000000000001800 PMID: 35442220.
View in Pubmed: 35442220
- Kandavel P, Eder SJ, Adler J, ImproveCareNow Network Pediatric IBD Learning Health System.. Reduced Systemic Corticosteroid Use among Pediatric Patients With Inflammatory Bowel Disease in a Large Learning Health System. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2021 Sep 1; 73(3):345-351. doi: 10.1097/MPG.0000000000003182 PMID: 34415262.
View in Pubmed: 34415262
- Gupta N, Liu C, King E, Sylvester F, Lee D, Boyle B, Trauernicht A, Chen S, Colletti R, ImproveCareNow Network.. Continued Statural Growth in Older Adolescents and Young Adults With Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis Beyond the Time of Expected Growth Plate Closure. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2020 Nov 19; 26(12):1880-1889. doi: 10.1093/ibd/izz334 PMID: 31968095.
View in Pubmed: 31968095
- Singh D, Lau M, Ayers T, Singh Y, Akingbola O, Barbiero L, Nelson S. De Novo Heterogeneous Mutations in SCN2A and GRIN2A Genes and Seizures With Ictal Vocalizations. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2016 Aug; 55(9):867-70. doi: 10.1177/0009922815601060 PMID: 26283219.
View in Pubmed: 26283219
Medical Treatments and Procedures Performed or Prescribed by Dr. Ayers
UAMS Health providers perform and prescribe a broad range of treatments and procedures, some of which may not be listed below.
Dr. Ayers' Areas of Expertise
With highly skilled and trained specialists and the latest technology, UAMS Health's digestive health services are the most complete in the state.
Locations Where Dr. Ayers Practices
Arkansas Children’s Hospital , Primary Location
1 Children's Way
Little Rock, AR 72202