Supriya K. Jambhekar, M.D. Pediatric Sleep Medicine Physician
Primary Appointment Location
Arkansas Children’s Hospital
1 Children's Way
Little Rock, AR 72202
- Appointment Phone Number
- (501) 263-2621
New and Returning Patients
- Provides Second Opinion
- Patient Type
- Children and Adolescents
- English, Hindi, Marathi
About Dr. Jambhekar
Dr. Supriya Jambhekar is an Professor of Pediatrics at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) and Arkansas Children’s Hospital (ACH). Dr. Jambhekar serves as Medical Director of the Arkansas Children’s Hospital Sleep Disorders Center.
Dr. Jambhekar's Academic Background
Dr. Jambhekar received her medical degree at Seth G.S. Medical College in Bombay, India in 1991. She completed her first residency training in General Pediatrics at Bombay University in 1995 and the second residency training in General Pediatrics at Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center, Brooklyn, NY in 2002. She then went on to complete her fellowship in Pediatric Pulmonology at the State University of New York/SUNY Medical Center in 2005. In 2005 Dr. Jambhekar joined the Pulmonary & Sleep Medicine Division as a full-time faculty member here at Arkansas Children’s Hospital.
Dr. Jambhekar is currently board certified in General Pediatrics, Pediatric Pulmonology, and Pediatric Sleep Medicine. She is currently a member of American Academy of Pediatrics, American Thoracic Society, American College of Chest Physicians, and American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
- Pediatrics — Pulmonary
- SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn
- Medical School
- Mumbai University — Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College and King Edward Memorial Hospital
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics - Pediatric Pulmonology
- American Board of Sleep Medicine
- Arkansas State Medical Board
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Thoracic Society
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
Dr. Jambhekar's Research
- Petitto L, Com G, Jackson R, Richter G, Jambhekar S. Catathrenia and Treatment With Positive Airway Pressure in the Pediatric Population. J Clin Sleep Med. 2019 Dec 15; 15(12):1853-1857. doi: 10.5664/jcsm.8100 PMID: 31855170.
View in Pubmed: 31855170
- Whitaker BN, Fisher PL, Jambhekar S, Com G, Razzaq S, Thompson JE, Nick TG, Ward WL. Impact of Degree of Obesity on Sleep, Quality of Life, and Depression in Youth. J Pediatr Health Care. 2018 Mar - Apr; 32(2):e37-e44. doi: 10.1016/j.pedhc.2017.09.008 PMID: 29455855.
View in Pubmed: 29455855
- Com G, Carroll JL, Tang X, Melguizo MS, Bower C, Jambhekar S. Characteristics and surgical and clinical outcomes of severely obese children with obstructive sleep apnea. J Clin Sleep Med. 2015 Apr 15; 11(4):467-74. doi: 10.5664/jcsm.4608 PMID: 25665695.
View in Pubmed: 25665695
- Bodenner KA, Jambhekar SK, Com G, Ward WL. Assessment and treatment of obstructive sleep-disordered breathing. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2014 Jun; 53(6):544-8. doi: 10.1177/0009922814527501 PMID: 24647703.
View in Pubmed: 24647703
- Com G, Einen MA, Jambhekar S. Narcolepsy with cataplexy: diagnostic challenge in children. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2015 Jan; 54(1):5-14. doi: 10.1177/0009922814526301 PMID: 24623174.
View in Pubmed: 24623174
- Com G, Carroll JL, Castro MM, Tang X, Jambhekar S, Berlinski A. Predictors and outcome of low initial forced expiratory volume in 1 second measurement in children with cystic fibrosis. J Pediatr. 2014 Apr; 164(4):832-8. doi: 10.1016/j.jpeds.2013.11.064 PMID: 24418473.
View in Pubmed: 24418473
UAMS Research Profile
Each UAMS faculty member has a research profile page that includes biographical and contact information, a list of their most recent grant activity and a list of their PubMed publications.
UAMS providers care for a broad range of conditions, some of which may not be listed below.
- Airway Disorders
- Airway Obstruction
- Breathing Disorders
- Breathing Disorders of Sleep
- Chest Pain
- Chest Wall Deformity
- Circadian Rhythm Sleep-Wake Disorders
- Cystic Fibrosis (CF)
- Cystic Fibrosis Liver Disease
- Diaphragmatic Paralysis
- Lung Disease
- Movement Disorders of Sleep
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Nodules
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Shortness of Breath
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Disorders
Medical Treatments and Procedures Performed
UAMS providers perform and prescribe a broad range of treatments and procedures, some of which may not be listed below.