Also called: Sleep Studies; Sleep Logs
You may need to see a sleep doctor and/or have a sleep study if you are experiencing any of the following difficulties:
- Unrefreshed sleep
- Daytime sleepiness/feeling tired
- Problems initiating or maintaining sleep
- Twitching of the feet, arms or legs
Instead of a hospital bed, our sleep lab is equipped with a bed that is similar to your bed at home or a hotel bed. We will monitor your airflow, breathing, respiration, oxygen and sleep stages while you are asleep. No needles are involved in this painless process, and patients usually adapt to these monitoring devices within minutes, falling asleep quickly.
Our sleep specialists offer the following sleep tests:
- Polysomnogram (Sleep Study) – Used to diagnose several medical conditions, including sleep apnea and sleep behavior disorders.
- Multiple sleep latency tests (MSLT) – Measures how long it takes you to fall asleep and also checks the stages of sleep. This test is used to diagnose conditions such as narcolepsy or idiopathic hypersomnia.
- Maintenance of wakefulness test (MWT) – Measures whether you can stay awake during a time when you are normally awake. This test is used to assess the effectiveness of treatment for hypersomnic conditions.