No matter how old you are or what you do for a living, you are always using your hands. When there is something wrong with them, you may not be able to do your regular activities.
Hand problems include :
- Carpal tunnel syndrome - compression of a nerve as it goes through the wrist, often making your fingers feel numb
- Injuries that result in fractures (broken bones), ruptured ligaments and dislocations
- Osteoarthritis - wear-and-tear arthritis, which can also cause deformity
- Tendinitis - irritation of the tendons
- Disorders and injuries of your fingers and thumb
Courtesy of MedlinePlus from the National Library of Medicine.
Syndicated Content Details:
Source URL: https://medlineplus.gov/handinjuriesanddisorders.html?utm_source=mplusconnect&utm_medium=service
Source Agency: National Library of Medicine