Brain Aneurysm or Brain Bleed? Call UAMS!
Introducing the Arkansas Hemorrhagic Stroke Tele-Network
At UAMS, our neurosurgeons offer a new pathway to state-of-the-art treatment for patients who suffer from brain aneurysms and other non-traumatic intracranial bleeding. For patients who present to the emergency room with signs of stroke, 15% to 20% will have intracranial hemorrhage requiring neurosurgical care.
As with AR SAVES, this program links emergency room doctors to specially trained experts 24 hours a day. The pathway is to provide timely transfer and access to treatment for:
- Aneurysms that bleed (subarachnoid hemorrhage)
- Other non-trauma related hemorrhagic strokes or intracranial bleeds, including those caused by high blood pressure
Our specialists are always available. And there is a neurosurgery physician in the hospital 24 hours a day to initiate prompt treatment and prevent sequelae of brain bleeding. Patients are evaluated promptly for either surgical repair in the OR or for angiography and endovascular treatment in the CATH lab, a more recently available minimally invasive form of repair.
- Just one call to our Hotline number 501.686.6080
- Speak directly to a specially trained expert
- 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Arrange an immediate transfer