Megha Sharma, M.D. Neonatologist
Arkansas Children’s Hospital
1 Children's Way
Little Rock, AR 72202
- Area of Expertise
- Newborn and Infant Care
- Patient Type
- Children and Adolescents
About Dr. Sharma
As an assistant professor in neonatology at UAMS, Megha Sharma, M.D., was selected to the inaugural class of Implementation Science Research Program funded through the UAMS Translational Research Institute, where she focuses on the application of evidence-based best-practices and research into regular use by clinicians. Her passion is to work towards promoting a culture of judicious laboratory testing and preventing iatrogenic blood losses in premature babies, neonatal lung vascular physiology and long-term outcomes of infants born with birth defects. She is site principal investigator for three randomized clinical trials aiming to optimize health outcomes of extremely premature babies.
Dr. Sharma's Academic Background
- Pediatrics — Neonatology
- Assistant Professor
Education and Training
- Medical College of Wisconsin
Neonatology, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Saint Peter's University Hospital
New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Medical School
- SMS Medical College
- American Board of Pediatrics — Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- American Board of Pediatrics — General Pediatrics
- American Academy of Pediatrics
Dr. Sharma's Research
- Sharma M, Rana U, Joshi C, Michalkiewicz T, Afolayan A, Parchur A, Joshi A, Teng RJ, Konduri GG. Decreased Cyclic GMP-protein Kinase G signaling impairs Angiogenesis in a Lamb Model of Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of Newborn. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2021 Jun 29; ():. doi: 10.1165/rcmb.2020-0434OC PMID: 34185619.
View in Pubmed: 34185619
- ElHassan NO, Sharma M, Akmyradov C, Kaiser JR, Goudie A, Nembhard WN. Childhood Educational Outcomes of Children Born with Gastroschisis. J Pediatr. 2021 Sep 6; ():. pii: S0022-3476(21)00871-4. doi: 10.1016/j.jpeds.2021.08.086 PMID: 34499945.
View in Pubmed: 34499945
- Sharma M, Hu X, Geddes GC, Acharya K. Microcephalic Newborn with Forehead Nevus Flammeus, Bulging Eyes, and Clenched Fists. Neoreviews. 2019 Mar; 20(3):e170-e173. doi: 10.1542/neo.20-3-e170 PMID: 31261057.
View in Pubmed: 31261057
- Sharma M, Yadav K, Yadav N, Ferdinand KC. Zika virus pandemic-analysis of Facebook as a social media health information platform. Am J Infect Control. 2017 Mar 1; 45(3):301-302. doi: 10.1016/j.ajic.2016.08.022 PMID: 27776823.
View in Pubmed: 27776823
- Yadav K, Sharma M, Ferdinand KC. Proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 (PCSK9) inhibitors: Present perspectives and future horizons. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2016 Oct; 26(10):853-62. doi: 10.1016/j.numecd.2016.05.006 PMID: 27352986.
View in Pubmed: 27352986
- Srinivasan L, Swarr DT, Sharma M, Cotten CM, Kirpalani H. Systematic Review and Meta-analysis: Gene Association Studies in Neonatal Sepsis. Am J Perinatol. 2017 Jun; 34(7):684-692. doi: 10.1055/s-0036-1597132 PMID: 27960200.
View in Pubmed: 27960200
- Sharma M, Callan E, Konduri GG. Pulmonary Vasodilator Therapy in Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn. Clin Perinatol. 2022 Mar; 49(1):103-125. doi: 10.1016/j.clp.2021.11.010 PMID: 35209994.
View in Pubmed: 35209994
- Yadav K, Sharma M, Agarwal S, Bhatia N, Yadav N. Aortic pseudoaneurysm & endocarditis caused by Aerococcus viridans: A case report and literature review. Cardiovasc Revasc Med. 2018 Mar; 19(2):201-203. doi: 10.1016/j.carrev.2017.08.011 PMID: 29037763.
View in Pubmed: 29037763
- Sharma M, Afolayan AJ. Redox Signaling and Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017; 967():277-287. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-63245-2_16 PMID: 29047092.
View in Pubmed: 29047092
UAMS Research Profile
Each UAMS faculty member has a research profile page that includes biographical and contact information, a list of their most recent grant activity and a list of their PubMed publications.
Locations Where Dr. Sharma Practices
Arkansas Children’s Hospital , Primary Location
1 Children's Way
Little Rock, AR 72202
4301 W. Markham St.
Little Rock, AR 72205
- Appointment Phone Number
New and Returning Patients