Katy A. Marino, M.D. Thoracic Surgeon
Primary Appointment Location
Surgical Oncology Clinic
449 Jack Stephens Drive
Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute
Little Rock, AR 72205
About Dr. Marino
Katy A. Marino, M.D., is a thoracic surgeon specializing in minimally invasive surgery of the chest. Thoracic surgeons have specialized training in both benign and malignant diseases in the thorax, the cavity between the neck and abdomen. This includes the lungs, esophagus, thymus and chest wall.
Dr. Marino has a passion for her patients, their problems, and the solutions that minimally invasive thoracic surgery can offer them. Her goal is to provide each patient a safe and individualized approach by utilizing advanced technology and multidisciplinary teamwork.
Outside of work, Dr. Marino enjoys playing with her dog and working in the yard.
Dr. Marino's Academic Background
- Department of Surgery — Division of Surgical Oncology
- Associate Professor
Education and Training
- University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis
- University of Louisville School of Medicine
- Medical School
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center Shreveport
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery — Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery
Conditions Diagnosed or Treated by Dr. Marino
UAMS Health providers care for a broad range of conditions, some of which may not be listed below.
Medical Treatments and Procedures Performed or Prescribed by Dr. Marino
UAMS Health providers perform and prescribe a broad range of treatments and procedures, some of which may not be listed below.
- Cancer Surgery
- Chest Wall Resection and Reconstruction
- Diaphragm Repair
- Endoscopic Surgery
- Heller Myotomy
- Hiatal Hernia Repair
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Nissen Fundoplication
- Rib Plating
- Robotic Assisted Thoracic Surgery (RATS)
- Tracheal Resection
- Video Assisted Thoracic Surgery (VATS)
Dr. Marino's Areas of Expertise
The UAMS Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute is Arkansas’ most comprehensive cancer treatment and research facility.