4018 W. Capitol Ave.
Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute, Eighth Floor
Little Rock, AR 72205
- Clinic Phone Number
- (501) 686-7105
- (888) 693-5662
- Information Line
- (501) 804-3557
- Mon - Fri
- 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
If you are in need of urgent or emergency care call 911 or go to your nearest emergency department at your local hospital.
About Myeloma Center
The UAMS Myeloma Center is one of the largest centers in the world for research and clinical care related to myeloma and related disorders. Our success in treating multiple myeloma patients is based on the findings of our research program. Multiple myeloma is a type of cancer that affects the plasma cells. Nationwide, the median survival rate of patients with multiple myeloma is only about four years. But at our UAMS Myeloma Center, the survival rate is closer to eight or nine years, and many patients treated at our center are considered cured. Five-year survival rates at the Myeloma Center are greater than 65% — nearly twice the average of any other treatment facility.
Why UAMS is the Authority in Multiple Myeloma Therapies and Research
Many breakthroughs in therapies to treat myeloma have been accomplished at our center. UAMS was the first to:
- Use tandem bone marrow/peripheral blood stem cell transplants
- Perform transplants on an outpatient basis
- Safely transplant patients age 70 and above
- Introduce thalidomide as anti-angiogenesis therapy
- Identify myeloma subtypes based on gene expression profiling
- Design treatment regimens specific to disease subtype
The UAMS Myeloma Center sees more patients with myeloma and related diseases per year than any other institution in the world. On any given day, there are more than 200 myeloma patients staying in Little Rock for diagnosis and treatment. UAMS can offer hope to you and your family as you deal with a disease that is challenging to treat.
Learn more about the UAMS Myeloma Center.
Parking is available in Parking 3 at the corner of Cedar and Capitol. Parking stubs for patients are validated in the clinic. For your convenience, park on Levels 2B, 3B, 4B or 5B. Valet parking is available in front of the Cancer Institute for a fee.
Directions From the Parking Area
- Take the Cancer Institute elevators in Parking 3 at Level 2B.
- Exit the walkway on Level 2B of Parking 3 and you will be at the Cancer Institute’s entrance.
- Enter the Cancer Institute and take Elevator D to the eighth floor or visit the Welcome Desk for assistance.
If you or someone you know has been diagnosed with multiple myeloma or another related cancer, contact our Intake Office for an appointment. No referral necessary. The Myeloma Intake Office is staffed by specially trained intake coordinators and nurses who will ensure all pertinent medical and insurance information is obtained prior to your first visit. Information needed to make a first time appointment:
- Name, Date of Birth, Address, and Contact Information
- Health Insurance
- Physician’s name and contact information
UAMS MyChart is a patient portal that gives you free, secure 24-hour online access to your health information. You can see your lab and test results, send messages to your doctor, make appointments, refill prescriptions and pay your bills. Ask your clinic staff or hospital nurse how to sign up for UAMS MyChart.