Issues with swallowing can interfere with your quality of life. At UAMS Health, we offer evaluation and management for your swallowing difficulties. You may need swallowing therapy if you:
- Complain of difficulty or pain when swallowing liquid or solid food
- Suffer from frequent choking during meals
- Have a history of swallowing difficulties related to acid reflux disease
- Have Parkinson’s disease, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis or ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
- Develop swallowing problems after sickness, surgery or changes in medications
UAMS offers complete diagnostic and treatment services for swallowing disorders.