Also called: reduction mammaplasty
If you are considering a breast reduction, also called a reduction mammaplasty, you should meet with one of UAMS Health’s board-certified plastic surgeons.
Men and women just like yourself have undergone breast reduction surgery for many different reasons.
- Gain the inability to participate in sports or physical activities
- Alieveiate skin irritation or rash under the breasts
- Achieve a physical appearance that aligns with your self-image
- Relieve back, neck, or shoulder pain
- Fit more comfortably in bras and clothing
You should consider a few things before undergoing breast reduction surgery, like having children or losing weight (as this may change the size and shape of your breasts without surgery).