W. Robert Morrow, M.D. Pediatric Cardiologist
Arkansas Children’s Hospital
1 Children's Way
Little Rock, AR 72202
- Areas of Expertise
- Pediatric Care
- Patient Type
- Children and Adolescents
About Dr. Morrow
Dr. Robert Morrow’s career of distinction in pediatrics has spanned over 40 years. He joined the faculty at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in 1996, where he first served as Section Chief of Pediatric Cardiology at Arkansas Children’s. In 2011, Dr. Morrow was appointed Chief Medical Officer at Arkansas Children’s, before moving to Dallas to work with Children’s Health System of Texas. In 2018 he returned to Arkansas, retiring in Hot Springs Village. Arkansas Children’s is fortunate to have Dr. Morrow supervising cardiology fellow clinics, providing his expertise in the care of patients.
Dr. Morrow's Academic Background
- Department of Pediatrics — Division of Cardiology
Education and Training
- Medical School
- University of Alabama at Birmingham
- University of Washington
- University of Washington
- Texas Children's Hospital
- American Board of Pediatrics — General Pediatrics
- American College of Cardiology
Dr. Morrow's Research
Research InterestsInterventional Catheterization techniques, outcome studies in cardiac transplantation
- Sparks JD, Cantor RS, Pruitt E, Kirklin JK, Carboni M, Dreyer W, Kindel S, Ryan TD, Morrow WR. New-onset diabetes after pediatric heart transplantation: A review of the Pediatric Heart Transplant Study. Pediatr Transplant. 2019 Aug; 23(5):e13476. doi: 10.1111/petr.13476 PMID: 31124221.
View in Pubmed: 31124221
- Butts RJ, Dipchand AI, Sutcliffe D, Bano M, Dimas V, Morrow R, Das B, Kirk R. Comparison of basiliximab vs antithymocyte globulin for induction in pediatric heart transplant recipients: An analysis of the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation database. Pediatr Transplant. 2018 Jun; 22(4):e13190. doi: 10.1111/petr.13190 PMID: 29878688.
View in Pubmed: 29878688
- Butts RJ, Dipchand AI, Sutcliffe D, Bano M, Morrow R, Kirk R. Pre-transplant amiodarone use and outcomes in children after heart transplantation. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2019 Feb; 38(2):230-232. doi: 10.1016/j.healun.2018.10.004 PMID: 30454886.
View in Pubmed: 30454886
- Dipchand AI, Kirk R, Naftel DC, Pruitt E, Blume ED, Morrow R, Rosenthal D, Auerbach S, Richmond ME, Kirklin JK, Pediatric Heart Transplant Study Investigators.. Ventricular Assist Device Support as a Bridgeu00a0to Transplantation in Pediatricu00a0Patients. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2018 Jul 24; 72(4):402-415. doi: 10.1016/j.jacc.2018.04.072 PMID: 30025576.
View in Pubmed: 30025576
- Das B, Dimas V, Guleserian K, Lacelle C, Anton K, Moore L, Morrow R. Alemtuzumab (Campath-1H) therapy for refractory rejections in pediatric heart transplant recipients. Pediatr Transplant. 2017 Feb; 21(1):. doi: 10.1111/petr.12844 PMID: 27862703.
View in Pubmed: 27862703
- Sable CA, Ivy DD, Beekman RH 3rd, Clayton-Jeter HD, Jenkins KJ, Mahle WT, Morrow WR, Murphy MD, Nelson RM, Rosenthal GL, Stockbridge N, Wessel DL. 2017 ACC/AAP/AHA Health Policy Statement on Opportunities and Challenges in Pediatric Drug Development: Learning From Sildenafil. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017 Jul 25; 70(4):495-503. doi: 10.1016/j.jacc.2017.04.007 PMID: 28669447.
View in Pubmed: 28669447
- SECTION ON CARDIOLOGY AND CARDIAC SURGERY., SECTION ON ORTHOPAEDICS.. Off-Label Use of Medical Devices in Children. Pediatrics. 2017 Jan; 139(1):. pii: e20163439. doi: 10.1542/peds.2016-3439 PMID: 28025239.
View in Pubmed: 28025239
- Lantin-Hermoso MR, Berger S, Bhatt AB, Richerson JE, Morrow R, Freed MD, Beekman RH 3rd, SECTION ON CARDIOLOGY., CARDIAC SURGERY.. The Care of Children With Congenital Heart Disease in Their Primary Medical Home. Pediatrics. 2017 Nov; 140(5):. pii: e20172607. doi: 10.1542/peds.2017-2607 PMID: 29084831.
View in Pubmed: 29084831
- Zakaria D, Frazier E, Imamura M, Garcia X, Pye S, Knecht KR, Prodhan P, Gossett JR, Swearingen CJ, Morrow WR. Improved Survival While Waiting and Risk Factors for Death in Pediatric Patients Listed for Cardiac Transplantation. Pediatr Cardiol. 2017 Jan; 38(1):77-85. doi: 10.1007/s00246-016-1486-4 PMID: 27803956.
View in Pubmed: 27803956