Tyler W. Cunningham, M.D. Pediatric Critical Care Medicine Physician
Arkansas Children’s Hospital
1 Children's Way
Little Rock, AR 72202
- Area of Expertise
- Pediatric Care
- Patient Type
- Children and Adolescents
About Dr. Cunningham
Tyler Cunningham, M.D., joined the faculty at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in 2022, following completion of subspecialty training in pediatric cardiology and pediatric critical care. His clinical focus includes caring for patients in the cardiovascular intensive care init and the pediatric intensive care unit at Arkansas Children’s.
Dr. Cunningham's Academic Background
- Department of Pediatrics — Division of Cardiology
- Assistant Professor
Education and Training
- Arkansas Children's Hospital
- Nationwide Children's Hospital
- St. Louis Children's Hospital
- Medical School
- Medical College of Georgia
- American Board of Pediatrics — General Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics — Pediatric Cardiology
- American Board of Pediatrics — Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Society
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
Dr. Cunningham's Research
Dr. Cunningham’s research interests revolve around improving care for critically ill children in the cardiac and pediatric intensive care units. He has a particular focus in the detection and subsequent complications of acute kidney injury in critically ill children.
- Cunningham TW, Tan Y, Krawczeski CD, Spencer JD, Bai S, Phelps C, Yates AR. Incidence and impact of acute kidney injury in patients with hypoplastic left heart syndrome following the hybrid stage 1 palliation. Cardiol Young. 2021 Feb; 31(3):414-420. doi: 10.1017/S1047951120004199 PMID: 33261689.
View in Pubmed: 33261689
- Cua CL, Cunningham TW, Low S, Salavitabar A, Berman DP. Tie a yellow ribbon around a papillary muscle. Echocardiography. 2019 Jul; 36(7):1434-1436. doi: 10.1111/echo.14390 PMID: 31215683.
View in Pubmed: 31215683
- Choudhry S, Salter A, Cunningham TW, Levy PT, Hackett BP, Singh GK, Johnson MC. Risk factors and prognostic significance of altered left ventricular geometry in preterm infants. J Perinatol. 2018 May; 38(5):543-549. doi: 10.1038/s41372-018-0047-5 PMID: 29410539.
View in Pubmed: 29410539
- Choudhry S, Salter A, Cunningham TW, Levy PT, Nguyen HH, Wallendorf M, Singh GK, Johnson MC. Normative Left Ventricular M-Mode Echocardiographic Values in Preterm Infants up to 2 kg. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2017 Aug; 30(8):781-789.e4. doi: 10.1016/j.echo.2017.04.010 PMID: 28599830.
View in Pubmed: 28599830
- Johnson EL, Cunningham TW, Marriner SM, Kovacs JL, Hunt BG, Bhakta DB, Goodisman MA. Resource allocation in a social wasp: effects of breeding system and life cycle on reproductive decisions. Mol Ecol. 2009 Jul; 18(13):2908-20. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-294X.2009.04240.x PMID: 19500245.
View in Pubmed: 19500245