About Dr. Lee
Northeast Arkansas children with congenital and acquired heart problems now have a full-time experienced pediatric cardiologist dedicated to their care at Arkansas Children’s Jonesboro Clinic. Sam Lee, M.D., joined the faculty at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in 2019, moving from Children’s Hospital of Richmond in Virginia to become the first pediatric cardiologist at the Jonesboro satellite clinic. Dr. Lee offers nationally recognized heart care, drawing on the latest advancements in technology. His primary clinical areas of interest are outpatient cardiology and exercise physiology.
Dr. Lee's Academic Background
- Pediatrics — Cardiology
- Associate Professor
- Medical School
- Medical College of Georgia
- Loma Linda University College of Medicine
- Medical College of Virginia
- American Board of Pediatrics — Pediatric Cardiology
- American College of Cardiology
Dr. Lee's Research
Dr. Lee’s research interests are in exercise performance improvements of athletic adolescents.
- Hernandez J, Chopski SG, Lee S, Moskowitz WB, Throckmorton AL. Externally applied compression therapy for Fontan patients. Transl Pediatr. 2018 Jan; 7(1):14-22. doi: 10.21037/tp.2017.08.01 PMID: 29441279.
View in Pubmed: 29441279
- Nagiub M, Lee S, Guglani L. Echocardiographic assessment of pulmonary hypertension in infants with bronchopulmonary dysplasia: systematic review of literature and a proposed algorithm for assessment. Echocardiography. 2015 May; 32(5):819-33. doi: 10.1111/echo.12738 PMID: 25231322.
View in Pubmed: 25231322
Dr. Lee's Areas of Expertise
Being a patient at UAMS Health means that you have access to the experts. They work together to give you care that covers all areas of cardiovascular medicine.