About Dr. Achanta
After graduating from medical school in 2004 with honors in nine subjects including distinction in four, Dr. Achanta came to the United States to pursue a Masters of Public Health (MPH) degree at the University of Texas (UT) at Houston. While there, Dr. Achanta worked in clinical and basic science research in the MD Anderson Cancer center and the UT School of Medicine in Gynecologic Oncology and Gastroenterology respectively.
Upon completing the coursework for her MPH, Dr. Achanta joined the residency program at Abington Memorial Hospital. During her residency, she was an active participant in the Medical Jeopardy competitions held by the local ACP chapter and was a finalist in 2008. Dr. Achanta also submitted many clinical vignette posters to both the local chapter and at the National ACP competitions in 2009 and 2010. Dr. Achanta came to UAMS after completing her residency.
Recently, Dr. Achanta has worked as a National Physician Well-being Champion and she continues her work at UAMS with the Internal Medicine Resident Well-being committee. She has also spoken at the 2021 American College of Physicians meeting. Dr. Achanta remains active in her role as Faculty for the Internal Medicine Resident teaching program, mentoring residents and conducting Medicine Acting Internships for advanced residents.
Her current research interests include Perioperative Risk Assessment with obesity, and Physician and Resident Well Being with special focus on women physicians.
Currently, Dr. Archanta only sees patients admitted to the UAMS Medical Center.
Some of Dr. Achanta’s honors and awards include:
- American College of Physicians Well-Being Champion, 2019
- Reviewer and Poster Judge for various American College of Physicians posters and abstracts, since 2013
- Sturgis Grant recipient for research in Diabetes Mellitus, 2012
- Lana Lehman award in Ambulatory Medicine at Abington Memorial Hospital, 2010
- Gold Medals in Physiology, Pathology and Surgery in MBBS
Dr. Achanta's Academic Background
- Department of Internal Medicine — Division of General Internal Medicine
- Associate Professor
Education and Training
- Undergraduate Education
- Andhra Medical College
Bachelors in Medicine and Surgery
- Graduate School
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
MPH in Environmental and Occupational Sciences
- Medical School
- Abington Memorial Hospital
MD in Internal Medicine
- Arkansas State Medical Board
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- Arkansas Medical Society
- American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin
Dr. Achanta's Research
Research InterestsPerioperative Risk Assessment in individuals with obesity, and Physician and Resident Well Being with special focus on women physicians
Publications listed below are automatically derived from MEDLINE/PubMed and other sources, which might result in incorrect or missing publications.