We support and encourage all mothers in their choice of feeding. We do recommend that you consider breastfeeding or providing breast milk for your new baby for as long as you can.
Breast milk is the best food for your newborn baby. Babies digest breast milk more easily than formula. Formula is made to imitate breast milk, but it does not protect your baby in the same way that mom’s own breast milk can.
Benefits of Breast milk
Breastfeeding can help:
- Protect your new baby by making his or her immune system stronger to fight off infections
- Decrease the risk of serious illness
- Lower the chances of your baby dying from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Decrease the chance of your little one getting leukemia or other cancers
- Decrease your child’s life-long chances of serious health problems like obesity, diabetes, asthma and allergies, and diseases of the intestines
- Your baby’s brain and eyes to develop
- Breast feeding may help protect moms from breast cancer, ovarian cancer, diabetes and heart disease.
- Lactation (breast feeding) support will be available after the delivery of your beautiful baby, if you need it.