Palliative Care Clinic
4018 W. Capitol Ave.
Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute, Sixth Floor
Little Rock, AR 72205
- Clinic Phone Number
- (501) 686-8738
- Appointment Phone Numbers
- (501) 296-1200
- (501) 686-8738
- Mon - Fri
- 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
If you are in need of urgent or emergency care call 911 or go to your nearest emergency department at your local hospital.
About Palliative Care Clinic
The goal of our Palliative Care Clinic is to help you live as well as possible while facing a serious or life-threatening illness.
Palliative care focuses on the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our team of professionals offers care at any stage of your illness, including at the end of life. We aim to provide comfort and preserve your dignity, help you achieve open communication with your family and caregivers, and we offer care that enhances the quality of your life.
By working with you, your cancer treatment team and health care providers in your community, we blend palliative care into your cancer therapy.
- Expert treatment and monitoring of pain and other symptoms, including nausea, breathing difficulties, anxiety and difficulty sleeping
- Emotional and spiritual support for you and your family that can include support from a chaplain or behavioral medicine specialist
- Excellent communication and compassionate care, encouraging an open dialogue between patient, family and medical team
- Help in navigating the health care system
- Help in coordinating care, including hospice, at home and in the community, and help coordinating symptom management and psychosocial support plans with community resources
Parking is available in Parking 3 at the corner of Cedar and Capitol. Parking stubs for patients are validated in the clinic. For your convenience, park on Levels 2B, 3B, 4B or 5B. Valet parking is available in front of the Cancer Institute for a fee.
Directions From the Parking Area
- Take the Cancer Institute elevators in Parking 3 to Level 2B.
- Exit the walkway on Level 2B of Parking 3, and you will be at the Cancer Institute’s entrance.
- Enter the Cancer Institute and take Elevator D to the sixth floor or visit the Welcome Desk for assistance.
For new patients, appointments with the Palliative Care Clinic are by referral only, so please contact your primary care doctor or oncologist. If needed, you can visit one of our doctors in the Center for Primary Care to obtain a referral.
For returning patients, please call (501) 686-8738 to schedule an appointment.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
For your first appointment, please bring a photo ID and your insurance card along with a list of any medications you’re taking, including over-the-counter medications. You should also bring any medical records you can provide, including slides or test results from other clinics.
For future appointments, please provide updated medical and insurance information.
UAMS MyChart is a patient portal that gives you free, secure 24-hour online access to your health information. You can see your lab and test results, send messages to your doctor, make appointments, refill prescriptions and pay your bills. Ask your clinic staff or hospital nurse how to sign up for UAMS MyChart.