Home health is delivered by nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists and others. We use an interdisciplinary approach to care, based on your unique needs.
Home health services are provided in your home, where you feel safe, reassured, and comfortable. Our caring team members come to your home to provide one-on-one care and personal attention.
Some of the other benefits of home health care with UAMS Health include:
- Home health care is typically 100% covered by Medicare for eligible patients. Medicaid or private insurance may also cover home health care.
- Home health services can make daily life easier.
- UAMS Health – Home Health is committed to high-quality patient care, with a quality of patient care star rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars (as of July 2022).
- Home health can help you feel better, recover from illness or injury, and/or slow decline.
- Home health care may delay or prevent the need for nursing home or facility care.
- Monitoring and regular visits from home health professionals may help you stay out of the hospital.
- 24/7 Availability – If you have an urgent need, you can reach one of our home health specialists 24 hours a day, seven days a week. With the support of home health services, you may be able to avoid unnecessary trips to the hospital.
- Support for Loved Ones – Caregiving comes with unique stresses and demands. We provide various types of support for caregivers and families. This includes education about the patient’s condition, help with planning from a social worker, and help with daily tasks. Many families report feeling peace of mind knowing their loved one is receiving home health care services and learning to manage their condition(s) and daily activities safely at home.
You can expect your home health team to build rapport with you and get to know you quickly. Many patients feel close bonds with their home healthcare team within a few visits. We often receive letters from patients, thanking us for treating them like family, being there when they needed us, and helping them do the things they care about most.
Call us to learn more at 501-255-7375