Jawahar L. "Jay" Mehta, M.D., Ph.D. Cardiologist
- Area of Expertise
- Heart and Vascular Care
- Patient Type
Primary Appointment Location
4110 Outpatient Circle
Outpatient Center, Second Floor, Suite 2H
Little Rock, 72205
- Appointment Phone Number
- (501) 686-8000
New and Returning Patients
About Dr. Mehta
Dr. Mehta is a Distinguished Professor of Medicine, and Physiology and Biophysics, and the Stebbins Chair in Cardiology at UAMS. Dr. Mehta serves or has served on the editorial board member of numerous journals including the American Journal of Cardiology; Circulation; Hypertension; Journal of the American College of Cardiology. Dr. Mehta has been funded numerous times by the Department of Veterans Affairs, the American Heart Association, and the national Institutes of health. In 2017, he was ranked among the top 27 cardiologists in the nation.
Dr. Mehta's Academic Background
Dr. Mehta has achieved the following accomplishments
- Distinguished Professor of Medicine, and Physiology and Biophysics, and holder of the Stebbins Chair in Cardiology at UAMS. Distinguished Professor at the University of Rome, and Anhui University, China.
- Recipient of Lifetime Achievement Award from the International Academy of Cardiovascular Sciences
- Director Cardiology at UAMS (2000-2007)
- Author or co-author of over 1300 research papers, abstracts and book chapters.
- Listed in Who’s Who in America and Leading Physicians of the World.
- Internal Medicine — Cardiovascular Medicine
- Medical School
- Graduate School
- Uppsala University
- State University of New York at Buffalo
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine — Cardiovascular Disease
- American Heart Association
- American College of Cardiologists
- American Society for Clinical Investigation
- Association of University Cardiologists
- Association of American Physicians
- International Academy of Cardiology
Dr. Mehta's Research
Research InterestsVascular Biology
Publications listed below are automatically derived from MEDLINE/PubMed and other sources, which might result in incorrect or missing publications.