Heather M. Allen, LCSW Social Worker
- Area of Expertise
- Behavioral Health
- Accepting New Patients
- Patient Type
About Heather M. Allen
Heather Allen, LMSW, is a clinician and couples therapist working in the UAMS Couples Center, a program committed to providing excellence in couples therapy. Heather graduated with her Master’s in Social Work from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock and completed a post-masters fellowship at the Arkansas Veteran’s Healthcare System. Heather has been trained and continues to be in supervision with the Couples Center director, Dr. Chelsea Wakefield, who has great confidence in her clinical and couples therapist abilities.
Other therapeutic modalities Heather has training in include:
- Two types of trauma-focused therapy – EMDR and Prolonged Exposure therapies.
- Treatment for those struggling with Substance Use.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) – with a focus on creating a mindful, value based life.
- DBT – a therapy focused on building capacities of interpersonal effectiveness, emotional regulation, distress tolerance and mindfulness.
- Specialized training in gender and sexuality affirming care with expertise in working with the LGBTQ+ community.
Intake sessions with Heather will run an hour and 45 minutes at a cost of $245.
Hourly rates for follow-up sessions with Heather are billed at $140 an hour.
Most couples sessions after intake run one hour and 15 minutes to one hour and 30 minutes long.
Heather M. Allen's Academic Background
Education and Training
- Graduate School
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Master's in Social Work