Amna H. Qasim, M.D. Pediatric Cardiologist
Primary Appointment Location
Arkansas Children’s Hospital
1 Children's Way
Little Rock, AR 72202
- Areas of Expertise
- Pediatric Care
- Accepting New Patients
- Yes (Referral Required)
- Provides Second Opinion
- Patient Type
- Children and Adolescents
About Dr. Qasim
Amna Qasim, M.D., joined the faculty at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in 2022, following completion of her pediatric cardiology training. In her primary role as echocardiographer at Arkansas Children’s, Dr. Qasim performs and interprets transthoracic, transesopahgela and fetal echocardiograms in our outpatient, inpatient and outside hospital referral programs. Dr. Qasim’s clinical interests include pediatric and fetal echocardiography and clinical outcomes in children with congenital heart disease.
Dr. Qasim's Academic Background
- Department of Pediatrics — Division of Cardiology
- Assistant Professor
Education and Training
- Texas Children's Hospital
- University of Texas Medical Branch
- Medical School
- Aga Khan University
- American Board of Pediatrics — General Pediatrics
- American Society of Echocardiography
Dr. Qasim's Research
Dr. Qasim’s research interests include epidemiology and outcomes of children with congenital heart disease, novel echocardiographic techniques and cardiovascular genetics.
- Qasim A, Pham TD, Kim JJ, Valdes SO, Howard T, Diaz MA, Morris SA, Miyake CY. Corrigendum. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2023 Jan; 34(1):249-250. doi: 10.1111/jce.15753 PMID: 36448455.
View in Pubmed: 36448455
- Qasim A, Doan TT, Dan Pham T, Reaves-O'Neal D, Sachdeva S, Mery CM, Binsalamah Z, Molossi S. Is Exercise Stress Testing Useful for Risk Stratification in Anomalous Aortic Origin of a Coronary Artery? Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2022 Aug 28; ():. pii: S1043-0679(22)00208-8. doi: 10.1053/j.semtcvs.2022.08.009 PMID: 36041683.
View in Pubmed: 36041683
- Qasim A, Dam T, Kim JJ, Valdes SO, Howard T, Diaz MA, Morris SA, Miyake CY. Trends in hospitalization and factors associated with in-hospital death among pediatric admissions with implantable cardioverter defibrillators. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2022 Mar; 33(3):502-509. doi: 10.1111/jce.15347 PMID: 34967982.
View in Pubmed: 34967982
- Bhatia S, Qasim A, Jiwani AK, Aly AM. Benign Structures Mimicking Right Atrial Masses on Prenatal Ultrasound. Case Rep Pediatr. 2021; 2021():8889941. doi: 10.1155/2021/8889941 PMID: 33505754.
View in Pubmed: 33505754
- Lahiri S, Qasim A, Qureshi AM, Molossi S, Gowda ST. Coronary Thrombosis and Acute Myocardial Infarction in a Child Following Device Closure of Coronary Artery Fistula. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2021 Feb 8; 14(3):e21-e22. doi: 10.1016/j.jcin.2020.10.053 PMID: 33454294.
View in Pubmed: 33454294
- Doan TT, Qasim A, Kearney D, Imamura M, Kyle W. Congenital Aortic Insufficiency From an Abnormal Left Aortic Cusp Results in Acute Coronary Syndrome. World J Pediatr Congenit Heart Surg. 2021 Jul; 12(4):551-554. doi: 10.1177/2150135120947405 PMID: 32787607.
View in Pubmed: 32787607
- Qasim A, Kaushal S, Bansal M, Lasa JJ, Sanchez Mejia AA. Echocardiographic Clues in Diagnosis of Takayasu Arteritis in a Child with Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2-Related Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome. CASE (Phila). 2021 Aug; 5(4):217-220. doi: 10.1016/j.case.2021.03.005 PMID: 33817452.
View in Pubmed: 33817452
- Qasim A, Jain SK. Milrinone Use in Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn. Neoreviews. 2020 Mar; 21(3):e165-e178. doi: 10.1542/neo.21-3-e165 PMID: 32123121.
View in Pubmed: 32123121
- Qasim A, Johnson CB, Aly MA, Aly AM. Prenatal Diagnosis and Successful Palliation of Absent Aortic Valve with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome: A Case Report and Review of Literature. AJP Rep. 2019 Apr; 9(2):e121-e126. doi: 10.1055/s-0038-1677480 PMID: 30972226.
View in Pubmed: 30972226