Abdallah R. Dalabih, M.D. Pediatric Critical Care Medicine Specialist
Primary Appointment Location
Arkansas Children’s Hospital
1 Children's Way
Little Rock, AR 72202
- Appointment Phone Number
- (501) 263-2621
New and Returning Patients
- Patient Type
- Children and Adolescents
- English, Arabic, Turkish
About Dr. Dalabih
Dr. Abdallah R. Dalabih’s clinical interests include taking care of critically ill children in the pediatric intensive care unit and providing sedation for children needing minor procedures and imaging studies. His research interests include pediatric sedation, pediatric injury prevention, and pediatric critical care-related outcomes research.
Dr. Dalabih's Academic Background
Dr. Abdallah Dalabih is an associate professor in the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Critical Care at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and practices at Arkansas Children’s Hospital.
Dr. Dalabih completed his medical school training from Istanbul University – Cerrahpasa Tip Fakultesi, Turkey (2003). After completing his medical education, he joined a pediatric residency program at King Hussein Cancer Center in his native county of Jordan. In 2006, he started a new residency program at West Virginia University – Charleston Area Medical Center in Charleston, West Virginia (2009). He completed his fellowship training in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee, in 2012.
Following his fellowship training, Dr. Dalabih joined the faculty at the University of Missouri, Child Health Department, Pediatric Critical Care Division. In 2017, he joined University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Arkansas Children’s Hospital and currently works as a pediatric intensivist in the Division of Pediatric Critical Care.
He is board-certified in Pediatric Critical Care and General Pediatrics. He is a member of many national and international organizations, including the Society of Critical Care Medicine and the Society for Pediatric Sedation. He is an active member in national societies’ committees.
- Pediatrics — Critical Care Medicine
- Associate Professor
- Medical School
- Istanbul University - School of Medicine
- Graduate School
- University of Saint Mary
Master of Business Administration
- American Board of Pediatrics
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Society for Pediatric Sedation
Dr. Dalabih's Research
- Sears Gift Fund Grant; $7,225, “Gastric volume and its relationship to underlying pathology or acid-suppressing medication”: May, 2015 – April, 2016; Dalabih, A, principal investigator
- Sears Gift Fund Grant; $6,000, “ The risk of shorter fasting time for pediatric deep sedation”: May, 2014 – April, 2015; Dalabih, A, principal investigator
Clinical Research Activities (No Funding Sponsor)
- Pfizer: “Phase ¾ Randomized, Double-Blinded, Dose-Ranging Study of the Safety and Efficacy of Dexmedetomidine (DEX) Used with Propofol (PRO) as Needed for Procedural Sedation of Pediatric Subjects ≥1 Month to <17 Years of Age Undergoing MRI Scans”: Siddiqui M, site principal investigator; Dalabih A , sub-investigator, 2020 – present
- Society of Pediatric Sedation: “Development of consensus-based Sedation Satisfaction Score”: Chumpitazi, CE, national principle investigator; Dalabih, A, site principal investigator, 2018 – present
- The Research Institute of Nationwide Children’s Hospital: “Transfusion and Organ Dysfunction in Pediatric Septic Shock (TROPICS) study”; Dalabih A, site principle investigator; Bennett, E, co-investigator, 2020 – present
- “ Femoral Central Line Complication”: Dalabih, A, national principal investigator; Bennett E, co-investigator, 2020 – present
- “Pediatric Sedation Research Consortium”: Dalabih, A, site principal investigator
Other Clinical Studies
- “Procedural Sedation for Congenital Lacrimal Duct obstruction”: Dalabih A, principle investigator; Edwards, L, co-investigator, 2019 – 2020
- “Sudden Unexplained Infant Death association with Breastfeeding and Co-sleeping, a National Database Study”; Pushparajah, R, principle investigator; Dalabih, A, co-investigator, 2019