How We Can Help
The Department of Special Services was established to help all international patients who seek medical care at UAMS. We have the experience and knowledge to anticipate and meet your medical and cultural expectations.
- Special Services can connect you with the appropriate medical clinic and health care representative to investigate your options and address medical questions.
- The Special Services team will help you schedule prompt medical appointments with the most appropriate UAMS experts.
- This department will provide an estimate of the expected charges for your specific medical plan. Our financial manager will assist in explaining the payment and billing process, collecting payments and supervising your account.
There are many areas that Special Services can help with prior to your arrival, during your stay and after you return home. Upon request, Special Services is delighted to provide information, help facilitate and/or coordinate any of the following:
- Visas and travel letters
- Travel and airport assistance
- Lodging (short and long-term)
- Interpreters (personal and medical) and translation services
- Escorts to appointments and testing/ companion services
- Home care and private duty nursing
- Business services
- Information on local businesses
- Transportation in Little Rock
- Maps, directions and parking
- Medical records
- Information regarding leisure activities for your family
- Recommend grocery stores, markets and restaurants based on patients’ preferences