How We Can Help
The International Patient Services Department was established to assist international patients who seek medical care at UAMS. We have the experience and knowledge to anticipate and meet your medical and cultural expectations.
- International Patient Services can connect you with the appropriate medical clinic and health care representative to investigate your options and address medical questions.
- The International Patient Services team will help you schedule prompt medical appointments with the most appropriate UAMS experts.
- This department will provide an estimate of the expected charges for your specific medical plan. Our International Financial Manager will assist in explaining the payment and billing process, collecting payments and managing your account.
There are many areas that International Patient Services can help with prior to your arrival, during your stay and after you return home. Upon request, International Patient Services is delighted to provide information, help facilitate and/or coordinate any of the following:
- Invitation and travel letters
- Travel and airport assistance
- Lodging (short and long-term)
- Medical Interpreters and translation services
- Private/Personal Interpreters and translation services *
- Navigation assistance to appointments and testing
- Home care and private duty nursing *
- Business services
- Information on local community resources
- Transportation in Little Rock
- Maps, directions and parking
- Medical records
- Information regarding leisure activities for your family
- Recommend grocery stores, markets and restaurants based on patients’ preferences
*Patients are financially responsible for the costs associated with these services.
For more information on the services we provide for international patients, please contact us at InternationalPatientServices@uams.edu.