TIGR On-Demand Patient Education Videos
What is TIGR?
TIGR stands for Telephone Initiated Guided Response. Designed exclusively for healthcare education, TIGR is a fully interactive video system. The system provides automated video-on-demand, scheduled play broadcasting, testing/survey and full user documentation using our television and telephone systems.
UAMS patients can access educational videos using TIGR by doing the following:
- Dial 526-4766.
- Press 1 for English or Press 2 for Spanish.
- Press 1 for Video-On-Demand.
- You will be asked: Which video do you want to view? Using the telephone keypad, enter the three numbers of the video you have chosen from the Program Guide.
Videos are available on TV Channels 80 – 87. (TIGR will tell you which TV channel to watch.)
Channel 88 is the C.A.R.E. Channel, which may be viewed 24 hours a day for relaxation purposes.
If the video is already in use, TIGR will call you back on your room phone when your video is ready to play.
Information provided in the videos does not replace the information you get from your doctors and other health care providers. Videos are for education only. UAMS does not promote the use of any specific product(s) mentioned.
The C.A.R.E. Channel – Channel 88
As a companion piece to TIGR, UAMS patients are invited to tune in to Channel 88 – The C.A.R.E. Channel (Continuous Ambient Relaxation Environment).
The time between medical interventions can be very stressful for patients, especially during the long night hours when patients often experience heightened anxiety and fear. The C.A.R.E. Channel provides soothing instrumental music together with appropriate images of nature that can calm even the most highly medicated patient. The late night hours are well served by a midnight star field, which support patients’ circadian rhythms, which improves restfulness and sleep. Patients naturally benefit from the relaxation and positive distraction provided by The C.A.R.E. Channel’s peaceful nature images and beautiful music.
Some of the benefits of the C.A.R.E. Channel are:
- The C.A.R.E. Channel can be tuned in to set the mood for any medical procedures or interventions that take place in the patient’s room.
- It can be played late at night if the patient is having difficulty in resting or sleeping.
- The C.A.R.E. Channel can help to block or mask distracting noises coming from hallways or other rooms.
- It is a great alternative for patients who need a distraction from their anxiety/pain but are agitated by commercial television.