We are excited to welcome UAMS volunteers back on campus! Below, you will find the guidelines that we must use while you volunteer during COVID-19.
Before coming to volunteer at UAMS Medical Center during COVID-19, we ask that you complete a waiver form and confirm that you have read our COVID-19 communication guide that outlines what UAMS is doing and how you can help while staying protected.
Please contact volunteer services if you have any questions or concerns.
At this time, due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the following stipulations are in place to ensure, to the best of our ability, the health and wellbeing of UAMS patients, staff, and YOU, the volunteer:
- Volunteers must be under the age of 65 (people 65 years and older are at higher risk of complications if diagnosed with COVID-19).
- Volunteers must have, or be in the process of updating, all current TB/Flu vaccinations on file at the UAMS Student Employ Health Clinic.
- Must have the signed COVID-19 waiver on file.
- Must give 24 hour notice if you cannot make your shift
- Must complete the online the Health Screening questionnaire provided by UAMS before every shift.
Volunteers must wear the UAMS Blue Polo with a pair of kakis or colored pants. (No jeans or scrub bottoms.) It is recommended you wear comfortable shoes. No long jewelry that could catch on anything. It is recommended for volunteers with longer hair to pull it back so that your PPE can be worn comfortably. As always, you must wear your UAMS Badge while volunteering. Failure to do so will mean you must leave campus.
The necessary Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) will be provided to the volunteer by UAMS, along with instructions on how to care for your PPE. You will be responsible for any necessary care and maintenance of your PPE.
Volunteers will not enter any inpatient units. The role of the volunteer during COVID-19 is to help in the following ways:
- Wayfinding: Assisting patients through the hospital
- Patient Transport: Transporting patients with mobility challenges to appointments
- Screening: Assisting at Screening Station by passing out Heath Screen Stickers.
Again, we are so glad to welcome you all back.