Compassionate Care When You Need It
UAMS chaplains are available 24 hours a day to provide pastoral and emotional support to patients, families, and staff. An on-call chaplain can be reached by calling the pager number 501-688-2060.
UAMS chaplains provide pastoral support to patients and their loved ones in a patient- and family-centered approach to care that is both interdisciplinary and collaborative.
The Pastoral Care Department is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You can contact them by phone at 501-686-6888.
Clergy of all faith traditions are welcome to visit their parishioners during the course of their hospitalization.
Meet Our Pastoral Care Staff
- Susan McDougal M.S., BCCC, is the director of the Pastoral Care Department and a Diplomate in Clinical Pastoral Supervision. Susan is the Supervisor for the Chaplain Residents and oversees all teaching and instruction conducted in the Clinical Pastoral Education Program at UAMS. She is the recipient of the Rockefeller Cancer Center 2013-2014 Compassionate Care Award.
- Libby Grobmyer, M.A., BCCC, is the staff chaplain for the UAMS Palliative Care Service and the 2013 UAMS Helen May Compassionate Care Award recipient. Libby is certified as a Clinical Fellow in Hospice and Palliative Care.
- Damond Jackson, M.Div., Ph.D., BCCC, is a Staff Chaplain for UAMS. Damond’s doctoral work focused on Leadership Studies, concentrating on Spiritual Leadership in organizational settings.
- Alex Wells, M.A., is a staff chaplain for UAMS, and supervises the intern and summer intensive programs for Clinical Pastoral Education.
- John Mathis is a staff chaplain for UAMS, and is the program administrator for the Pastoral Care Department.
- Gloria Brooks worked for 25 years as a physical therapist assistant, serving the last fourteen years of her career at UAMS. After completing the CPE training program at UAMS, she joined the staff as an associate chaplain.