Fitness Class Descriptions
- Balance, Strength & Coordination: Standing balance work alternates with seated strength training and coordination moves. Exercises that improve balance are emphasized along with strength training of both upper and lower body. Progressive exercises are offered for both beginners and those that need more challenging balance exercises.
- Amy’s Yoga Class: Yoga is a relaxing way to relieve stress by combining flowing movements with gentle stretches and meditative breathing. This exercise class is a great way to strengthen body awareness and focus your mind. All fitness abilities are welcome, and no experience is necessary. Mats are needed
- UAMS Mindful Meditation: Meditation is simply purposeful concentration and involves learning to focus your attention– directed onto an object of your choice, such as your breath, a phrase or word repeated silently, a memorized inspiration passage, or an image in the mind’s eye.
- Tai Chi: Many studies have concluded that Tai Chi is one of the best exercises to improve balance, posture and strength. This class will focus on balance and breathing for a meditation in motion exercise program. You will learn the Sun style adapted by the Arthritis Foundation because it is gentle on the joints.
- Zumba Gold: A mix of International dance rhythms and great music that provides the perfect combo of fitness and fun. In this class you will burn calories and increase flexibility while dancing and singing.
- PWR!Moves: A mix of 4 basic movement patterns is the focus to help with functional mobility and the primary symptoms of PD. A certified PWR!Moves® instructor leads this exercise class with emphasis flexibility, coordination, strength, and posture. This is a higher intensity class.
- PWR!Stretch: A mix of 4 basic movement patterns is the focus to help with functional mobility and the primary symptoms of PD. A certified PWR!Moves® instructor leads this exercise class from a chair with emphasis on stretch and hold for increased flexibility, coordination and strength. This is a lower intensity class.