- Babies digest breast milk more easily than formula. Formula is made to imitate breast milk, but it does not protect your baby in the same way that mom’s own breast milk can.
- We recommend that you breastfeed or provide breast milk for your new baby for as long as you can.
BENEFITS FOR BABY
Your breast milk helps:
- Protect your new baby by making his or her immune system stronger to fight off infections – Your baby will be sick less!
- Lower the chances of your baby dying from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
- Your baby’s brain and eyes to develop.
- Decrease the risk of:
- ear infections
- certain cancers and diseases
BENEFITS FOR MOM
- You may return to pre-pregnancy weight quicker
- Decreases the risk of:
- bleeding after delivery
- heart disease
- breast and ovarian cancer
- rheumatoid arthritis
- Lactation (breastfeeding) support will be available after the delivery of your beautiful baby, if you need it.