Traveling overseas? The Travel Medicine Clinic in the Preventive Environmental Medicine (POEM) Clinic can help you have a safe and healthy trip. We offer a comprehensive consultation service designed to keep you healthy, no matter where your travels take you. UAMS will provide travel vaccines and prescriptions for medications you may need before your departure.
- Review of potential health risks geared to your personal itinerary
- Expert advice on reducing the risks of getting sick from contaminated food, water, insects or parasites
- Articles and information related to health and travel for the countries you’ll be visiting
- Contact information for United States embassies and consulates in the countries you’ll be visiting
- Combined Hepatitis A & B (TwinRix)
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Measles, Mumps & Rubella
- Tetanus + Diphtheria and TDAP
- Typhoid Fever
Insurance coverage for travel medicine shots and prescriptions varies, so please check directly with your medical insurance carrier for details on your coverage.
POEM Clinic: 4301 West Markham, Little Rock, AR 72205 – Central Bldg. G600
Parking located in Parking deck 2
Open from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. Closed for holidays.
To learn more about travel medicine at UAMS or to make an appointment, please call 686-6565.