Sickle Cell Resources
- Centers for Disease Control
- American Sickle Cell Anemia Association
- Sickle Cell Information Center
- Sickle Cell Supports Services
Here’s to Your Health broadcasts: September is Sickle Cell Awareness Month
(Episodes: “Inherited blood disorder”, “Mutation in gene”, “Seek immediate care”, “Can block blood flow”, and “Relieving symptoms”)
Pregnancy and Sickle Cell Disease – Special Concerns
- Centers for Disease Control: What You Should Know About Sickle Cell Disease and Pregnancy
- UpToDate: Pregnancy in Women with Sickle Cell Disease
Media / Social Media
NOTICE: These social media, websites, videos are suggested for viewing for social, community, cultural support only, please note that the opinions and advice expressed in these videos do not necessarily reflect those of UAMS or any partners of UAMS. Please discuss any medical advice with your physician.
Peer’s Experience with Sickle Cell and Pregnancy:
A young woman with Sickle Cell disease video journals throughout her pregnancy and postpartum experience.
You Tube: Video 1
Total of 21 videos